Vote Now! Cam Cameron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by @TheBayouBlogger, Nov 9, 2015.

?

Fire Cam Cameron at the end of the season or sooner?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. @TheBayouBlogger

@TheBayouBlogger Veteran Member

I've argued for giving him a chance to see how Harris comes along, but this isn't working for me. There is a way to call plays that creates room against a good defense, but that wasn't it. Same basic thing for Arkansas last year, although I realize that was a different QB.

Mettenberger had some trouble his first year, but by the time we played Alabama (and that was the year Alabama last won the national championship) he was doing well, and we were moving the ball around. We just got too conservative at the end, and then the screen pass.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It wouldn't matter. Les would just hire another figurehead to call run, run long pass

lsu_dane, fanatic and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, I'm not going to advocate for firing him. I will however reference a poster who just doesn't have the sack to show his mealy mouth face anymore. I think he said something to the effect of "cam is so good" and "if there is a weakness on the D he will find it and exploit it" there may have been something about a TE or throwing to the RB. Yes I'm talking to you @LSUDad you pussy. Too busy giving a handy to some "scout" I take it.

@TheBayouBlogger likes this.
  4. @TheBayouBlogger

I don't think Les exercises that much control over things. If he did, Gary Crowton would have never called 75% of his plays. The players couldn't even keep track of that guy's playbook.

5. @TheBayouBlogger

People blame Les for Jimbo Fisher, but LSU scored more points on Saturday than FSU did. If he doesn't have someone like Winston (and JaMarcus was not like Winston), his offenses struggle at times.

Tiger Exile likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After the J Lee pickum year Les said no more and channelled his inner Bo Schembeckler and took control of the "offense.". Never again will a Miles OC have the autonomy to run the offense as he sees fit.

7. @TheBayouBlogger

I don't know anything about LSUDad, but there certainly wasn't enough moving the ball in the backfield or variation in throwing targets. They can't have the long pass, the medium pass, the run (and any variation on the run), and every conceivable short pass locked down at the same time. No one can.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You can go on YouTube and watch the entire '07 NCG vs Ohio St. Do it when you have time and see the difference in the playcalling. Then look at what happens the following year, and the year after that and after that...

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  9. @TheBayouBlogger

I don't agree. I think the limitation from then until Mett was a guy by the name of Jefferson. I wasn't one of the Jefferson haters, but his talents did not lend themselves to a very action-packed offense.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Few teams have a Winston. We need an effective game manager. McCarron and McElroy won NCs and they weren't Tom Bradys or Joe Montanas. The Matt's, Mauck and Flynn. That's what Harris needs to be