BP Gulf Oil Spill

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 21, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

2. stevescookin

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same here, but I'm not sold yet. I still think there are large underwater plumes.

(BTW, what's the deal with the Bama logo? Just curious and sorry if you explained it in another thread.)

4. stevescookin

I used to hate Bama since I went to LSU in the early to mid 70s...when we could never beat them no matter how good we were. Then, I went to Birmingham as a Katrina refugee. Those people were just incredible to me and my family. I stayed there till after Christmas...had some job offers...met the governor and was invited to cook for him...developed many dear friendships that remain to this moment. So now, I root for them until they play LSU...

Then they're just a roadbump on the way to the BCS championship. !! :tigereye:

I was a big Raiders fan back in the days of Otto, Blanda, Lamonica and Belitnikoff....way before the raider fans became subhuman. I witnessed the Heidi bowl game with my brothers and dad...we were all Raider fans.
    I kinda liked Stabler too.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's all well and good, but you don't have to throw it in our Bama hatin' faces. :hihi: :thumb: (Only kidding - but not about hatin Bama)

6. stevescookin

I still hate them when we're playing them...:yelwink2:

It's OK though...You know, I converted a lot of them too....They like to root for us especially when we're playing Auburn or Florida.

I found them to be a whole lot like us...a bunch of homers bordering on delusional. :eek:

This ought to be a whole other thread...Our second favorite SEC teams.:thumb:

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

any nice people in alabama have nothing to do with the bama fball team

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

SRB's are what caused the leak in Alaska. My guess, this is what they are talking about. This is sulphate-reducing bacteria, it will live in the water, not the crude. You can pump crude at 20-30K bbls/hr. and these things will still cling to the pipe wall. You have to run a pig throught the pipeline to remove these things.

http://www.inlineservices.com/assets/images/dc-cup-1.jpg

In this write-up they talk about smart pigs....

Leak is latest of Alaska's pipeline woes / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Smart pigs.......
    http://www.askchesapeake.com/Barnett-Shale/Pipelines/PublishingImages/PIG.jpg

9. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

10. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome