Boudin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Brian, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Where can I get some high quality Boudin by Wednesday? Live in New Orleans. Either from a store, delivery, or if it's exceptional perhaps that is worth a drive? My options are limited, and I haven't tried a ton, but Richard's from Rouses was actually worse than I got from the hospital my brother works at, there's is actually quite (shockingly) good, but he is unsure of the brand.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Try T Boys in Mamou.

https://tboysboudin.com/

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's hard to believe you can't get good boudin in New Orleans. I can't remember ever buying any or even looking for it whenever I go to NOLA but if I had thought of it I would have assumed there would have been dozen of places. @stevescookin would surely know.

I live in Baton Rouge and mostly all there is is stuff from convenience stores in a steamer. Jerry's Kwik Stop on Greenwell Springs Rd makes their own and it's pretty good and they have good cracklins too.

Brian likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Gourmet butcher block. It's in New Orleans (Gretna). They take their shit seriously. Stuffed everything mushrooms, boudin balls with pepper jack. It's like being in Scott LA.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Brian and stevescookin like this.
  5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

There are some high end restaurants that make their own boudin...Toups on Carrolton in mid city is one, I think.

There's a butcher shop/sausage making place behind Winn Dixie on Carrolton also. But I can only get Manda's or Savoie's reasonably.

Good boudin has a better meat : rice ratio and thinner casing.

Maybe there's a business opportunity there. Most places around Lafayette sell everything they make at retail prices and the thin casing stuff breaks when they ship it wholesale.

Brian likes this.
  6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Yeah, I was more looking for reasonably priced. I'm sure there's plenty of places I could here selling plenty of fantastic boudin, but I meant to bring home and share with a lot of people. I'll maybe consider going to the wank for that butcher block place, tirk.

Is that place behind WD good, Steve? Have you tried it/recommending it?

Definitely want to hit Toups someday. That dude was on Top Chef, wasn't he? Isaac? He was hilarious.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Google sees all, knows all.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bou...0j69i57j0l4.9902j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

stevescookin and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Try Don's Country Store in Reserve.

Brian likes this.
  10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I never tried the sausage place behind WD. I ate at Toups once but not boudin. It was good. Restaurant depot has those boys in balls to fry. Everyone likes those. I can get you a case if you want.

Brian likes this.