Beisebol

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 10, 2021.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

has been berry berry gewd to me.
    [​IMG]
    jay johnson signs #1 recruiting class. I think I counted 5 lhp. the #1 catcher in florida and georgia. 13 of the signees are ranked #1 in their state. how is this possible. Im guessing he hasnt taken a day off since hes been on campus. This is the most talented all 3 of our major sports ever at one time. football is lagging.
    we need some new hardware. it seems we are on the right track to get some. lets get pat henry back just in case. but we are now a basketball school. soon to be a baseball and basketball school.

• 11 Top 100 players in the Perfect Game overall national rankings (8 of top 50)
    • 10 players selected to play in the Perfect Game All-American Classic
    • 4 of the top Junior College pitchers in the United States
    • 13 players that are ranked #1 at their positions in their respective states

what a group! hopefully not too affected by the draft. i like the 4 jc transfers.

This class has kids from:

-- Oklahoma
    -- Illinois
    -- California (2)
    -- Canada
    -- Nevada (2)
    -- Louisiana (2)
    -- Texas (2)
    -- Georgia
    -- New York
    -- Pennsylvania
    -- Missouri
    -- Mississippi
    -- Florida
    -- Utah
    -- New Hampshire
    -- South Carolina

Nate Ackenhausen, LHP
    Owasso, Okla. (Eastern Oklahoma State)

· Recorded 56 strikeouts in 28 innings at Eastern Oklahoma State in 2021

Kaleb Applebey, RHP
    Mount Carmel, Ill. (Wabash Valley CC)

· #2 Ranked Player in Illinois for Class of 2021 by Prep Baseball Report

Nick Bronzini, LHP
    San Ramon, Calif. (California HS)

· #2 Ranked Left-Handed Pitcher in California by Perfect Game
    · Ranked nationally as No. 128 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Micah Bucknam, RHP
    Abbotsford, British Columbia (Mennonite Educational Institute)

· Drafted in 16th Round of 2021 MLB Draft by Toronto Blue Jays
    · Ranked nationally as No. 186 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Justin Crawford, OF
    Las Vegas, Nev. (Bishop Gorman HS)

· #1 Ranked Player in Nevada by Perfect Game for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 12 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Gavin Guidry, SS
    Lake Charles, La. (Barbe HS)

· #1 Ranked Player in Louisiana by Perfect Game for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 55 overall prospect by Perfect Game
    · Member of the 2021 18U Team USA National Team

Griffin Herring, LHP
    Southlake, Texas (Southlake HS)

· #4 Ranked Left-Handed Pitcher in Texas by Perfect Game
    · Ranked nationally as No. 286 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Jared Jones, C
    Marietta, Ga. (Walton HS)

· #1 Ranked Catcher in Georgia; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 45 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Michael Kennedy, LHP
    Troy, N.Y. (Troy HS)

· #1 Ranked Left-Handed Pitcher in state of New York; member of the 2021 18U USA National Team
    · Ranked nationally as No. 77 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Paxton Kling, OF
    Roaring Springs, Pa. (Central HS)

· #1 Ranked Player in Pennsylvania by Perfect Game for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 14 overall prospect by Perfect Game
    · Member of 2021 18U USA National Team

Jacob Misiorowski, RHP
    Grain Valley, Mo. (Crowder CC)

· #2 Ranked Player in Missouri for Class of 2020 by Prep Baseball Report
    [​IMG]

Aiden Moffett, RHP
    Mount Olive, Miss. (Taylorsville HS)

· #1 Ranked Right-Handed Pitcher in Mississippi for Class of 2022
    · Ranked nationally as No. 189 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Brady Neal, C
    Bradenton, Fla. (IMG Academy)

· #1 Ranked Catcher in Florida for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 32 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Jaden Noot, RHP
    Oak Park, Calif. (Sierra Canyon HS)

· #1 Ranked Right-Handed Pitcher in California for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 22 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Mic Paul, OF
    Salt Lake City, Utah (Olympus HS)

· #1 Ranked OF in Utah for Class of 2022
    · Ranked nationally as No. 411 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Mikey Romero, SS
    Menifee, Calif. (Orange Lutheran HS)

· #1 Ranked SS in California for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 23 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Zeb Ruddell, OF
    Monroe, La. (Neville HS)

· #2 Ranked player in Louisiana for Class of 2022
    · Ranked nationally as No. 246 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Chase Shores, RHP
    Midland, Texas (Midland Lee HS)

· #1 Ranked Right-Handed Pitcher in Texas for Class of 2022; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 24 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Adrian Siravo, RHP
    Gilmanton, N.H. (Weatherford [Texas] CC)

· 2021 Cape Cod League All-Star

Robby Snelling, LHP
    Reno, Nev. (McQueen HS)

· #1 Ranked Pitcher in Nevada; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 71 overall prospect by Perfect Game
    · 4-Star Football Recruit at McQueen HS

Tucker Toman, 3B
    Columbia, S.C. (Hammond HS)

· #1 Ranked Third Baseman in South Carolina; played in Perfect Game All-American Classic
    · Ranked nationally as No. 17 overall prospect by Perfect Game

Filed Under: LSU Baseball

Related:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

WOW that's a Woodward hire. Hope he can duplicate this type of hire for football.

CaryLab and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He will.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well that would be a homerun

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

WOW, JJ's knocking it out of the park and he hasn't even gotten up to bat yet.
    I'm ready for beisebol!!!

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Holy shit!! Let’s Geaux

Chipeace likes this.
  7. tirk

arent you guys punny.

The Catholic connection is going to be very unhappy with mr johnson. Our bench guys are supposed to be local if daddy is supposed to support buying suites.

J-I-M-B-O
    J-I-M-B-O
    J-I-M-B-O
    and Jimbeaux was his name-o.

shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No Jimbo. If it is Jimbo, maybe I’ll fall in line like I did with O, but I don’t think that’s what’s happening.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. tirk

There are some players on this list who will turn down $2 million to come play for us.”

LSU Baseball Coach Jay Johnson Talks Signing No. 1 Class in America, Focusing to Next Phase

Johnson talks NIL and the impact it could have on securing a few more elite players than normal.
    GLEN WEST

In less than five months of being on campus, LSU baseball coach Jay Johnson has brought in the No. 1 recruiting class in the country.

The class is filled with high end talent, including 11 high school prospects currently among the top 100 in the Perfect Game rankings for the 2022 class. It's clear that Johnson wants to load on elite pitching talent while the future of the offense and skills position players is still relatively young and in a healthy spot.

But part of the problem that comes with recruiting such a highly ranked class is that in college baseball, the MLB Draft is always right there to snatch up elite players within each signing class. That's the balancing act that Johnson and this staff will be taking over the next six months, but he doesn't seem fazed in the slightest.

Because for Johnson, there are 20 reasons he can give to high school recruits about the importance of coming to college and in particular, LSU. But that one driving force that only exists in the MLB is that signing bonus that's extremely hard for high school prospects to turn down.

One driving force that could dictate the future of college baseball more than anything is the NIL (name, image, likeness) deals that college players can now sign. Having that opportunity to make close to or more than a player might make with a signing bonus professionally is an absolute game changer for the sport in Johnson's eyes.

"There's no better platform for a player to create better value for himself than LSU," Johnson said. "You don't get attention like this anywhere in baseball unless you are a major league player and a player for the New York Yankees. I think there's unlimited [NIL] potential and some of our players are tapping into that already and that's really exciting."

There's a method to Johnson's strategy in that LSU wasn't just picking players who were the best in the country but rather players whose family values are college. There's calculated risks that are taken when Johnson and the coaching staff get to sit down with a player and his family, get to know them and get a feel for what their values are.

"There's a lot of guys on here that their family values college and you will never convince me this is not a better path development," Johnson said. "These guys value education and sometimes you have to get a few more than you need but there are several guys on this list that want to be here. Some guys on that list will turn down that money and come play for us and that's exciting.

"You give them a platform like LSU baseball, NIL becomes very real. Hopefully that helps a couple of them, just gives them another reason not to bypass this. It's very realistic to say that could help us."

Johnson and pitching coach Jason Kelly have signed 12 pitchers to this recruiting class, including lively arms like Nate Ackenhausen, Michael Kennedy, Jaden Noot and Chase Shores. It's a group that features 97 mph fastballs and height to go along with the power behind the arms. The thought process behind the focus being on the pitching staff was simple, the Tigers have talent in the field and at the plate that will be around for a little while longer.

"You can't out coach your own bad pitching," Johnson said. "What I'm excited about is there are guys out here right now making some massive strides in their development. You see some of the names on this list and put it all together, it has the makings of a great pitching staff in 2023 and beyond. I'm an offensive guy but winning starts and ends with what you have on the mound."

In the field, shortstop Mikey Romero, third baseman Tucker Toman and Louisiana's No. 1 player Gavin Guidry are just three players to keep an eye on before next year's draft.

Johnson and the LSU coaching staff will now start phase two of this recruiting process which is actually getting these players in a Tigers' uniform and not an MLB uniform.

"This is a special place and a special experience," Johnson said. "It's a great start and now we'll get into this next phase of why it's important for them to come here."

10. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Not to mention that LSU Baseball is the #1 streamed team for ESPN. No other team comes close.