Baton Rouge Crime

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by watson1880, May 16, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Draft all 14-45 year old black males (except for those who are good at basketball or football) and put them in the military or in some kind of public work program. Pay them but put most of what they earn into some kind of interest bearing account or stock fund and give it to them when they are released. Make them go to classes to learn some kind of skill and try to educate them on good money management. Sure, some of them will blow it on dope, gambling and other vices within a month but most can start small businesses and become productive citizens.

This is not racist because we can hold it over incorrigible white and latin kids to be drafted. For bad Asian kids take away their math books until they come around.

HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

they caught the serial killer

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He lived about a block from the first murders.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

tirk likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A couple of days ago I saw a story about a murder near Staring Lane. Since there are thugish areas very near by I just said ho hum. This morning I see an Advocate story where the perp was arrested.

Was a woman who shot her husband at their residence on Castle Kirk, a very nice safe neighborhood. In fact that's my neighborhood. Couldn't the bitch at least have the decency to kill him elsewhere?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

guy tried to stop a car theft in mid city and got in a shootout and got killed.

seems like carrying a gun makes you life less safe in most situations.

if you wanna steal my car, go ahead, i dont want to get in a shootout over a car. i can afford another car.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't have a car. If somebody steals your bike it will probably be when it's parked outside of whatever bar you are drinking at.

Three more murders yesterday. A thug killed a guy. Then he killed a cop. Then later somebody else killed somebody in another bad part of town. I'm surprised the other cops didn't fill the cop killer with enough lead to use for ballast on a battleship.

We should start a weekly pool. Everybody puts up $10 or $20 and we guess how many murders in the Baton Rouge area for the week. Every killing inside the parish counts.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dont ride my bike to bars. i already fell asleep at the handlebars one time and woke up crashed at the corner of govt and the railroad tracks. broke my shoulder. now i walk to the bars.

i have had a car stolen before, it was no big deal. i got it back.

but anyways the question of whether it is smart to use a gun to stop a crime is interesting. i say dont do it unless you are in your home, in which case blast away. but outside your home, just get out of there or fire a warning shot from far away.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The one yesterday afternoon was a former cop who saw somebody breaking into his truck in front lf his house in the Capital Heights area. Not a bad neighborhood at all. As a former cop I assume that he was proficient in the use of firearms.

Instead of chasing the perp he should have shot him while he was still in front of his house.