Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

josh gray has been very slow to announce his destination. maybe he will return in seneca knights spot

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ok, now we have knight and leblanc gone, probably. days, in my opinion, very likely to return. lineup:

pinson - gaines
    miller - murray
    days - fudge wilkinson
    eason -o'neal
    reid - colbert ezewiro

i think there is a possibility josh gray has been told to be very choosy about his transfer destination because there yet may be a spot for him. his twitter said many weeks ago he had a decision coming on a sunday, but that was forever sundays ago. maybe he saw that knight was out and he could stay. mayb wade told him to be patient and see how it shakes out.

gray strikes me as a good athlete with huge size that doesnt obsess over basketball. when cam thomas is up at 4 am with the keys to the gym, gray is playing pokemon on his vintage n64. the kinda guy that would really benefit from years of practice and discipline, because he has an NBA body. he is 7 feet and not at all skinny, proportional.

i hope he stays and pushes reid and colbert and ezewiro around in practice and learns. 7 footers dont grow on trees. especially ones that are not scrawny and bumbly.

i love twin tower lineups i would be happy to see reid and colbert playing together, with gray backing them up, and ezewiro the practice gym project.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I missed Knight's departure. Did he ever even arrive on campus?

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

transferred to LSU from San Diego St and sat the bench. didn't get any minutes all season per scott long

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

san jose st but yes he was sitting out.

6. mctiger

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

that is a good analysis.

i have seen some hilights of watford. he is flinging some nice passes from the top of the key. issue with both blokes is they are one or two dimensional players, and need to to do like 3 or 4 things great instead of 2. neither play defense for shit. cam thomas creates for himself and himself only. neither have elite level athleticism.

compare them to another player with a limited skillset, ben simmoms. he is elite at defense, finishing, ball handling, passing, playmaking, rebounding, massive size. just cant shoot. he is like the polar opposite of cam thomas. who does none of those things. but he shoots. and is a wizard surgeon at the free throw line. but 7 skills are better than 2. i dunno if two can make a career.

but what do i know. jj reddick is a spot shooter only and has been playing for an eternity.

watford creates his own shots, which is nice. but he is more than just bad on defense, he is catastrophic.

i maintain my theory that naz reid will have the best NBA career of wade players thus far

mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

oh also shareef is playing in a pro-am summer league with good players in los angeles. looks strong and healthy

mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

team usa olympic team has called up naz reid to come to practice against them to prep them for tokyo

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. mctiger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.