Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i cant speak for the local thinking. i dont know what will happens. if i had to guess though i would say nothing

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

My thinking is long term.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the final possibility that anyone knew about maybe coming to LSU was a fella named tre mitchell, a UMASS transfer that was highly recruited. he just decided to go to texas.

that means the team is complete, with one question remaining. will days return, and if he does, who leaves. i say if he returns, lebanc is out. but nobody knows but wade.

wade says he is doing team building exercises like playing paintball with the team, who have assembled to attend summer school and workout. says there are 3 groups he is trying to integrate, returners, freshmen, and transfers. he says adam miller is taking a leadership role.

this is a unique new thing where teams are coming together like this. if anyone can do it, wade can.

reminder of where departing players went:
    jalen cook: tulane
    aundre hyatt: rutgers
    charles manning: UAB
    josh gray: unannounced
    bryan penn johnson= has vanished from earth

we wish them all the best

lunardi publishes a bracketology all year. the current one has LSU is a 10 seed. please. take any seed lower than 6 and shove it up your ass.

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

oh, also one more thing, on culotta's show, wade says eason is 3 times as good as he thought.

using that info, lets construct a new starting lineup assuming a days return, which appears to be a coin flip at this point.

pinson - gaines
    miller - murray, knight
    days - fudge wilkinson
    eason -o'neal
    reid - colbert ezewiro

without days returning i will put fudge or o'neal in there starting and leblanc staying as a defensive sub

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    MobileBengal and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

As the gamblers say, there is a lot of value in jumping on the LSU bandwagon.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ok, for the first time, i am gonna talk about 2022 class. seems somewhat pointless to imagine the team at that point, given that everyone transfers every year like a bunch of loons.

if days returns, that means you lose 2 to graduation, pinson and days.

reid will want to go pro. thats 3 already. who knows who else will want to leave or get cut. anyways, just got a commit from fairly good 4 star guard.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/A...from-4-star-guard-Justice-Williams-166679467/

also have commit from a lanky winger named devin ree. both 4 stars, i wan to start assembling startin lineups already, as thats a hobby of mine, but not its damn near impossible to predict a team a year ahead.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

williams was ranked 33 overall which means he was very close to 5 star. for reference, cam thomas was 25 i think. naz reid was 18. efton reid is 24, javonte 35.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

two of maybe the all-time greatest players to be worthless shitbags at shooting and free throw shooting, simmons and o'neal.

its amazing how simmons wont even bother taking shots anymore for fear of being fouled, never seen anything like it

mctiger likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

also simmons seems like kind of a dick, maybe my least favorite LSU basketball athlete ever. big baby is maybe 700 times as funny and charming as simmons

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I remain convinced he-who's-name-will-not-be-said-by-me tanked his one season at LSU. Just decided that he knew he would be the #1 pick in the draft regardless of what he did on the court, and running around in purple and gold for a season was better than sitting around doing nothing. Prove me wrong.

Hou-duco and kluke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.