Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

adam miller wears 44, has thru HS and college, i wonder if wade will tell him thats wayde sims number and that we need a few more years before it goes back into the rotation. although i guess only darius days played with sims, nobody else knows him except the staff.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i predict two events in the future, in this order: leblanc announces transfer, days returns. leblanc just cant shoot. everyone has to be able to shoot.

HoopHound likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I hate to lose Leblanc, he is a solid contributor in the paint. He has quick hands. I think I’d rather lose O’Neal (except for the PR part of it, which can’t be diminished).

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

leblanc defensive effort level is amazing. but i think eason is basically leblanc with slightly better shot, making leblanc redundant.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

tari eason's nickname is "peso".

lets yet again think about starting lineup, this time assuming days will return.

both pinson and miller are experienced starters, and miller for an elite team as a freshman. pinson is a rising senior that started for a mid level SEC team. those guys will start. i dont think this means gaines has lost his chance, i think it means that lil guy still needs to hit the gym hard.

so lets pencil those two in to the starting lineup:

1. X pinson
    2. A miller

now, if days returns, we can 100% pencil him in as a starter. we can all agree he earned it. now, he plays 3 and 4. so that leaves either the 3 or 4 open depending on where days is. he is kind of a hybrid in that he scores from outside like a sniper, but also is a dirty work guy who gets lots of putback points under the hoop.

so

3. or 4: days.

given the pedigree of efton reid, we can assume he starts. 5 stars come to school to start as freshmen. 5 stars dont ride pine.

5: reid.

so that means one starting lineup spot is up for grabs, and its the 3 or 4 position. that means it could be almost anyone. in a 3 guard lineup it could be murray. it could be leblanc (i actually think he is gone) in a big defensive-minded lineup. it could be eason at 4, or o'neal, or wilkinson. or jerrel colbert in a twin tower setup. or it could be seneca knight, or alex fudge. it could literally be one of 8 different guys.

lsu-i-like and MobileBengal like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It would be great to have a more legit rotation.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i have always liked the idea of substituting 5 in at once, then the coach having time to strategize with the starters. like lines in hockey. everyone out at once, total new team comes in . but for reasons i dont understand, this is very rare in basketball.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

will wade talks about how disciplined and detail oriented he is. says when he was in school he scheduled only early classes. wants to get up early and go to work ASAP. usually people like wade channel that focus into academia and business etc. that he is a coach makes him unique i think. him and saban and a few others. focus and detail.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    MobileBengal likes this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm in Houston and generally get the national view of things, which is decidedly anti-Wade. So is the local thinking that he will get past all of the NCAA issues and be at LSU long term; or is he a dead man walking but we don't know how long the 'green mile' is going to be?

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Perry Clark did that with Tulane for a season back in the 90's and had some success with it. Got to the 2nd round of the tournament, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.