Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am not sure. how good are teams that have literally never met each other?

there is talent there, thats for sure. and experience (but only really at guard, and for other teams). and will wade is a genius.

elite eight i guess.

for an ordinary team, you have maybe 9 guys who have played with each other. 9 times 9 is 81 instances of guys who have played together.

on this team, only leblanc, wilkinson and o'neal and gaines have played together in a real game, and each played sparingly with the others. 4 fellas that have played together.

the career of just days and smart probably has 20x times more together minutes on the court than this whole team.

but its not just LSU i guess its almost every team so it should even out.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think Calipari has won a couple tournaments with teams like that, so...pretty good, sometimes.

Thanks for your input, I value your opinion.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i care alot about basketball and will be speculating about it all summer. should be fun, that will wade is a gangster and knows what he is doing. cant wait. should be plenty of dunks. last season was a good season, but not many dunks. i like dunks, hard ones, like zion does. should see some explosive dunks from these fellas.

MobileBengal likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Calipari's champs were practically high school All American teams one year removed. We won't have that kind of talent. Chemistry and a team-first mentality will be very important for this group. A team full of guys that genuinely like each other and put winning above personal glory can go a long way.

Hou-duco, MobileBengal and shane0911 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You do know that those still only account for 2 points each right?

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Teams that are efficient and effective from two go far. I think we have some sharp shooters too.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My point was be it a lay up, a 10 foot jump shot, a baby barely got it over the rim dunk or one that tears the rim off of the goal

2 pts

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

on the scoreboard yes, but on the entertainment meter they count for 2.1

MobileBengal and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

"roster is coimplete at this point, i would still add another versatile piece i would do it if it was an upgrade" - will wade

HoopHound and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

listening to that interview i get the impression wade sold adam miller on giving him the freedom cam thomas had. he says miller sacrificed alot for illinois in terms of his own scoring. he wont need to do that if wade green lights him, becasue wade's green light is green as fuck. plus pinson would probably be the guy doing the distributing, to the extent they do any. LSU is gonna play a 5 out offense where they isolate and let players create. thats how he is getting so many recruits i think. i think he goes to their house, watches an NBA game on TNT, says hey there's shaq, you will meet him, and also watches the game and talks about making the player more like those NBA guys, and they play wide open offense, like LSU does. players want to showcase NBA offense.

you guys hate on the "streetball" offense, but they score points and kids want to play that way.

lsu-i-like likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.