Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...sketball-tari-eason-transfers-lsu/7298528002/

Former Cincinnati Bearcats All-AAC freshman forward Tari Eason transfers to LSU
    Keith Jenkins
    Cincinnati Enquirer

Freshman forward Tari Eason, the most notable of the six Cincinnati players who entered the transfer poral at the end of last season, announced he is transferring to Louisiana State University.

The 6-foot-8 Eason, a former four-star recruit out of Seattle, earned a spot on the American Athletic Conference All-Freshman team last season after averaging 7.3 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals for the Bearcats. His 1.3 blocks per game ranked fourth in the AAC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://stockrisers.com/s/329/the-portal-an-update-on-tari-easons-transfer-recruitment

The Portal: An update on Tari Eason's transfer recruitment
    By Jake Weingarten

The Cincinnati men's basketball program is amidst change as six players entered the transfer portal this offseason. One of the biggest names to enter and leave the Bearcats?

Tari Eason.

Eason was rated as a four-star prospect in high school. The 6-foot-8 forward out of Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington was awarded for his great freshman year and was named to the AAC’s all-freshman team after posting season averages of 7.3 points, 5.9 rebounds, and more than one block and one steal per game.

In high school, Eason was viewed as a Top-50 prospect by many and he held offers from Colorado, USC, Washington State, with interest from Texas, Florida, and a slew of other programs. Point is, Eason was legit in high school and his ceiling has the only rose since his arrival on the college scene.

That ceiling is now being recognized.

After entering the portal, Eason heard from a slew of programs including Washington, Arizona, UCLA, Washington State, Pittsburgh, and plenty of other programs.

As far as where things currently stand, Eason said the following programs are still heavily involved in his transfer process: Marquette, Florida, LSU, Washington, Washington State, Pepperdine, Iowa State, and Arizona.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

time for another lineup projection

pg pinson starts, gaines backs him up
    SG brandon murray, seneca knight
    SF fudge wilkinson/leblanc
    PF eason o'neal ezewiro
    C colbert gray

still hoping for either adam miller or efton reid or tyty washington

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i watched some videos of the dude eason and he plays with attitude like javonte. always looking to tell a bitch he just dunked on em.

following in the footsteps of watford and javonte, both occasional recipients of technicals for their enthusiasm in telling bitch ass niggas they aint shit, this guy eason may be part of a culture wade is building of attitude. i like it.

the american gangster is recruiting real playas that dont give a fuck for real

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

First highlight reel I found looks good:

Jmg likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am convinced adam miller is coming, so i will propose yet another new starting lineup

1. mizzou transfer pinson PG
    2. illini transfer miller SG
    3. freshman alex fudge SF
    4. shareef o'neal PF
    5. freshman jerrel colbert C

this lineup would have dudes with terrific experience playing high level competition at both guards. and plenty of bench experience in leblanc, wilkinson, knight and eason.

note, incoming scorer, SG brandon murray's ranking has been creeping up and he is now a top-100 4 star player.

if miller comes, and i think he will, then that will take the final roster spot, and would mean that another would have to leave if efton reid wants in. reid is a 5 star and i am pretty sure josh gray would have to hit the bricks of he comes.

again i think shaq is worth 400 million now and it would be polite to josh gray if reef walked on and gave up his scholarship.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    MobileBengal likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

I’m not convinced O’Neal should be starting.

7. lsu-i-like

Rumors of Mulkey becoming the new women’s coach. Pretty big pull by Woodward if so.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ron Higgins reporting it will be officially announced tomorrow.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

dunno who that is

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.