Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Wade seems to always get good play out of his point guards. Whether that’s just due to the talent of the guys he recruits, or he coached them up, I’m not sure. Maybe it’s a little of both. I’ll be interested to see what he can do with Pinson. Like he you said earlier, he doesn’t seem that great, but I don’t really remember watching him play.

I like big dunks and alley oops too.

Jmg likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Pinson looked good versus TN:

MobileBengal likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

hyatt gone

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

rumor has it illini freshman ace PG adam miller is strongly considering lsu

now one big transfer and call it a day.

still think josh gray and jalen cook might not make it to the team

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Cook has promise. Why are all these kids transferring? Is it money or because WW features high flying offense?

6. lsu-i-like

Seems like he coulda filled a days role, but maybe WW wants more than that.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

today the NCAA passed the rule and made it official, you can transfer once and be available immediately. there are thousands of players transferring. many teams are losing 4-5 players and gaining 5 different ones. just losing one to transfer is very few so far. i dont think we could lose more than 2 more. lsu is also an anomaly in the 4 are going pro. thats great for the program if those guys make a few bux.

wade always said he wanted 3 more players. 1 pg one wing and a big. he has a PG, and he may get another even more elite one in adam miller. and i suspect one huge rim runner is coming

boot up niggas

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

hyatt was a 3 star early enrollee that sat whilst LSU helped him rehab a bad injury as a freshman. he was supposed to an ace shooter but it never panned out.

i agree his experience will be missed, but cant worry about that if a better player is available.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i will need to revise my imagined starting lineups as i had hyatt penciled in at small forward, now we have mwani wilkinson and alex fudge there, which is fine. wilkinson seems like a cool customer, and he may be able to shoot for all we know. he just never tried. he shot so few he had a historic % because he was all layups dunks and putbacks. he was very disciplined, because i suspect he was told not to shoot much, and man he didnt.

fudge was highly recruited and has a big advantage of early enrollment and has already been playing with the team since late december i think.

this team will have a ton of blokes on it that can play above the rim. very few alley-oops last year, but this coming year almost everyone but cook catch catch em and throw em down hard.

10. lsu-i-like

I think the lack of alley oops was in part because we didn’t try to assist too much.

You don’t think Cook has ups? He looks pretty dang athletic.

I’m just curious why so many transfers. Are they unhappy about projected minutes or what? It feels like LSU has pretty good loyalty amongst its players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.