Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It’s like a good slapstick routine.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

memphis is losing some players to the transfer portal. rumor has it moussa cisse might be going. have to think LSU would be a top choice.

its not 100% clear to me that all these transfers will be eligible immediately. maybe they will.

wade was one of the only, if not the only coach in the tournament that didnt play high school basketball.

memphis coach penny hardaway obviously is an NBA star. i think you should always hire trainers, assistants, managers etc to coach. playing and management are hugely differenta tasks with different skills.

in baseball i think there is an exception of great catchers. they are students of the game. but generally i dont like former players as coaches.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

to answer something you have not asked, but i wondered, it looks like the NCAA is about to pass a rule to make all one time transfers immediate. thats why there are over a thousand players in the transfer portal, uncluding 5 star elites from blue blood schools.

of the top available players, more than half are transfers. one could argue they are more valuable because they are experienced and older. of course the super elites are one and done, but many stars have a rough first year with not enough playing time etc.

its insanity how many useful players are transferring. some programs are losing many of their best players.

again, i am not a math expert, but it looks like there are two spots open now, and maybe more if there is some roster turnover. thats assuming all 4 of days smart watford thomas go pro.

wade says he is looking to pick up 3 more players. probably one big and one scoring guard with experience.

i said before, josh grey is on the hot seat. maybe bradley ezewiro as well.

i feel like it would be polite if shareef would pay his own way and open up a scholarship. his dad has like 200 million so out of state tuition wouldnt break him.

i expect in the upcoming weeks we will find out some good news about transfers. will wade knows how to handle that shit.

mctiger, MobileBengal, kcal and 2 others like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Two of Baylor’s starters are from Louisiana.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU basketball is still climbing the mountain.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i think they were both there before wade got to LSU

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ks must not be worried about the ncaa if they just signed Bill Self to a lifetime contract

right?

@Jmg

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

good for kansas telling the NCAA to fuck off with their allegations. i hope scott woodward and LSU will be this loyal to wade vs the NCAA going forward.

this year, ok st had the top player cade cunningham, and they got suspended from post season, but they appealed and played anyway. so a coach can credibly tell kids that even if they get banned, they can appeal and play in the tournament to get NBA exposure, and then transfer if the punishment holds, and never miss a tournament on a sanctioned team. a player will never be stuck on a team that is being punished.

also signing self, who has an antagonstic relationship with the NCAA, it seems to indicate that leadership does not think tat it huerts recruiting. i think it may help wade and self and similar guys because kids (justifiably) hate the NCAA and want to give them a fuck you by winning on a rogue team.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

moussa cisse has declared he will go through the NBA draft process but has not hired an agent and is still eligible. given that he can transfer without penalty and play for a superior coach than penny in wade, i hope the NBA scouts and talent eval guys tell him to go to baton rouge and star for a season and then be a lottery pick

HoopHound likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sort of what my take on it was. If they were worried about heavy penalties this is a strange way to show it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.