Arkansas vs LSU game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 13, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

was last week more about Alabama or LSU?

hot/cold/hot/cold…. what version of LSU do we see?

nuss: boom or bust?

here’s more from the athletic:

No. 25 Arkansas at LSU
    TEAM SPREAD TOTAL MONEYLINE
    [​IMG]Arkansas -2.5 58.5 -140
    [​IMG]LSU

Miller: LSU’s defense looked good against Alabama, essentially shutting them down up front and making life difficult for Bryce Young with a traditional 4-3 front due to a depleted secondary. It was impressive. But I wonder if Kendall Briles will be able to get much more against it with a week to prepare for that look. In reality, though, this game is truly unpredictable since exciting freshman QB Garrett Nussmeier is going to get some time. If he plays well, LSU could win by 20. If he turns the ball over a bunch, LSU could lose by 20. I’ll take the team that makes fewer mistakes. Arkansas 34-28

Taylor: Five SEC West teams appear in this week’s CFP rankings, and LSU isn’t among them. Complicating things further, the Tigers are the only team in the division currently facing a quarterback controversy, with Nussmeier guaranteed playing time in relief of starter Max Johnson. Out of this mess, Ed Orgeron’s team pushed Alabama to the brink and I suspect Johnson gets it done against Arkansas’ depleted secondary. LSU 34-33

Khan: LSU has won the last five in the Battle for the Golden Boot, including the last time Orgeron was an interim coach in 2016. Arkansas is back trending in the right direction, winning two straight after a midseason three-game skid. This should make for a fun Saturday night in Death Valley, but after LSU managed just 31 combined points in the last two weeks, I like the Hogs here. Arkansas 29-24

Kendall: Interim head coach Ed Orgeron is a far better coach than head coach Ed Orgeron. So here’s my game plan for somebody like say, Nebraska: Make your struggling head coach hire Orgeron next season, push the struggling coach out the door at the midway point, make Orgeron the temporary guy and then just leave him there forever. You could get three, four good years out of him without ever taking “interim” off the office door. LSU 28-20

Emerson: Sometimes you see the comment written before your turn, realize you can’t do any better, and just cut to the score prediction. LSU 31-24

Suttles: How much is left in the tank for LSU after laying it on the line against Alabama and in a strangely over-emotional game for Orgeron. It certainly sets the stage for LSU to fall flat against Arkansas. Arkansas 27-24

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

There are three games left on the schedule. All three of them are winnable. Let's Geaux!

3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Anybody going tonight bring a jacket - gonna be colder than a witches .... kneecap. I’m on the couch .
    Fav seat of all college football .

4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Pussy!

lsu-i-like and kluke like this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Where? Where?

Perple likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Mirror mirror

Don Castavez, cul2969 and Hou-duco like this.
  7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Perhaps the kind with a little fur? Not talking about 70's afro style, but a neatly trimmed triangle.

Don Castavez likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Landing strip :cool:

Perple likes this.
  9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

That works too! :D

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Let's win!
    GEAUX TIGERS!