Vote Now! Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 28, 2014.

?

Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2014.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm not asking you if he should start, only if you trust Les Miles to make the correct decision.

Thanks for voting.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Miles simply has to start Harris. Any other option is unacceptable. He may struggle and only then can he consider inserting Jennings into the game.

ROY_LA_CA and northernvatiger like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its a lock. neither have a start on the road in the sec, correct? so whats it matter. dont think for one second he doesnt want to because he does. he wants to be right. but this pressure cooker was already boiling over last night. i dont think he wants the backlash if we get skulldrug due to jennings behind center.

harris is your starter. the team made that decision loudly last night. their play spoke like no team i can remember. i dont know why or what that meant because it was so instant. maybe its just harris' confidence exudes throughout the entire team.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm not so sure. Miles is so hard headed that it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Jennings started.

Richdog, shane0911 and rockwallfan like this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

He has to start him. I wonder though if Harris were to struggle even just a bit how quick Miles will be to pull the trigger and insert AJ? For his and the teams sake, I hope they let Harris throw early. Hopefully he does well. I honestly feel that Miles would be much quicker to go back to AJ than he was with having Harris replace AJ.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think he starts Jennings just for this reason. If Jennings is able to put something together, well then okay. If he stinks it up then he has Harris to fall back on.

BUT

If he starts Harris and it goes badly quickly then what?

For this reason I sort of hope he starts Jennings with a very short leash.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If this were a home game, I think there's no question Harris would start. But on the road, he may give Jennings one last shot, even though he's never been in front of a hostile crowd either, only a couple of LSU-leaning neutral stadiums.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Start Jennings to see what auburns defense looks like. Identify the strong and weak points and see in AJ can get something going. If he can't then put BH in and burn down the barn.
    Auburn will game plan for both.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he wilted under the pressure at home. surely we dont want to experiment with that on the road especially when the better player stepped up like no freshman ive seen behind center. he may suck, too, but hes earned it. practice be damned.

and gameplanning for jennings is bracketing the safety on dural when wide, otherwise cheat up and stuff the run. practice dismissed.

fanatic, shane0911 and cul2969 like this.
  10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

We aint winning or playing for any title this season so let Harris take over and if he fucks up leave him in there to take his lumps. He will be much better for it next year when we do actually have a shot at an SEC title.