Any beer snobs here...

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by GregLSU, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Well I guess if a fella is big and bad enough and thinks he can pull it off feel free to try to punch a whole in the man card at your own risk:) I will stick a lime in a corona or an orange in a blue moon any day of the week and enjoy every drop.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Had a wonderful stout this weekend. Founder's Breakfst Stout. It was BY FAR the best stout I have ever tasted and one of the top three beers I ever had. It tasted like black coffee.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I dislike extremes in beer. Light beer is bad-tasting water. Ultra-stouts are watery vegetable sludge. A nutty brown ale is perfect, although I will swing down to Budweiser and up to Guinness.

4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Good ole Bud Heavy has always been bottom line favorite but it gives me more heartburn now than its worth. Not sure why it does when the only other ones I have ever had to do that to me are the really dark ones. Any more than 3 budweisers now and i feel like my throat is on fire which sucks bc for some reason I seem to forget that that is what happens from time to time.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Added a few others to the list.

I had one called Anchor Mist, a brew from San Francisco, not really sure what it is, I guess it was an ale, not bad. Different, but tasty.

When I was in Wisconsin I had a local brew there called "Spotted Cow" and it was really good, very drinkable.

Now I'm in Utah where beer is, well, lets just say that I'm so glad I'm not a Mormon. In any case they have a local brewery that makes a line of beers, I've had the polygamy porter (the slogan is "why have just one") and it is remarkably light and very tasty, and the evolution amber ale which I also like. In fact I'm not sure I've met an amber that I didn't like.

red55 likes this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Been spending a little time with a new friend who is a beer snob. I'm trying to keep an open mind and try a few, but so far, I'm unimpressed (with the beer).

7. shane0911

and all this time I thought we were friends

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A couple of years ago I spent a few weeks in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. All the beer sold in grocery stores or 7-11s is limited to 3.2% alcohol. Regular full strength beer is sold only in liquor stores and is unrefridgerated. Liquor stores are also the only place you can buy liquor. Liquor stores only can sell liquor and hot beer. No ice, no cups, no soft drinks or mixers, not even cigarettes.
    I'm glad I'm not an Okie

9. shane0911

For another week or so. Nov 1we get real beer.