Any beer snobs here...

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by GregLSU, Sep 24, 2013.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Well, punch away, amigo. There's little better than drinking an Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager on a temperate spring afternoon.

When I'm not mincing away on that fruity beer, Abita Amber is my go-to. Stella's not bad. I've been known to have a Red Stripe. Belikan's sort of fun when you can find it. I did a sort of extended internship in Mexican beers in college -- starting with Corona and working my way to Tecate, Dos Equis, Negro Modelo etc etc -- and lost my taste for them after that. And a full octane Budweiser goes down pretty well on a hot summer day.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Speaking of fruity beers, I like them every once in awhile but do not drink them often. I also enjoy girly cocktails such as a Mai Tai, Rum Runner, etc. I love rum but I guess that's for another thread. This is only one of many areas that you can take away my man card if you wish.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I haven't had a paper umbrella in one of my girly drinks in many years but may try to find some the next time that I'm at Spec's. If I'm going to lose my man card, I may as well do it with (no) style.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If I were you i'd be hitting him up for some of that employee discount, they have great beer. The Southern Pecan is by far my favorite but nothing i've had from them is a bad beer.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I like the Abita strawberry and purple haze myself... I wouldn't go chopping up fruit to put in my beer, but those 2 are actually pretty good.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You need to try out a few darks. There are some stouts that you would probably love. My wife is a Mick Ultra drinker but she likes Hitachino Espresso Stout, which tasts like Ovaltine.

I like a good porter from time to time, but not the real sweet ones. My wife loves those.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Some of my favorites:

Anything from the Great Divide Brewery
    Old Chubb
    Alaskan Smoked Porter
    Fat Tire
    Heavy Seas Peg Leg
    Flying Dog Raging Bitch
    Sweet Baby Jesus (chocolate and peanut butter stout)
    Resurrection Ale
    Troegs Hopback Ale
    Iron Hill Black IPA
    Stewart's Oyster Stout
    Heini's Hooch
    Sierra Nevada Imperial Stout
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Heavy Seas Loose Cannon

8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Coors Lite was my beer of choice due to it going down so easily. From time to time when I wanted to get a buzz quicker I would endulge in some Ice House. When Bud Light Platinum came out, I drank that for awhile. But lately I have been trying some different beers like Dos Equis, Rolling Rock, and LandShark. All are pretty damn good.

Anyone try Rolling Rock or LandShark? Do you know of any others that are similar in taste?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I seriously would quit drinking beer if the only stuff left was rolling rock.

LSUsupaFan likes this.
  10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm with Stacey. Coors Light is my go to and I just don't like the taste of dark beers. I've tried bunches of them, and to me, they all taste like shit.

Usually I am more of a liquor person. Scotch is my favorite, tequila is great, vodka is really good. Bourbon is ok. Gin sucks. Normally, I drink all of my liquor on the rocks or just chilled. BTW, Don Julio blows Patron away. Patron is the most over rated tequila out there.