Any beer snobs here...

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by GregLSU, Sep 24, 2013.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I love Farnziskaner, one of the ones I would never have tasted if not for Old Chicago, hard to believe you don't like the Abita Amber, it may be my most favorite beer in the whole world.

2. shane0911

F**K facebook. I refuse to get on that shit. Never have, never will. If someone wants to find me that damn bad they will have to work harder than a few keystrokes.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

All of that stuff tastes like crap to me. You can have it. I'll take my Coors Light and be happy.

4. shane0911

Jesus H Christ that isn't even beer!

GregLSU likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

No no no... lol. Amber, Restoration and PH are my 3 favorite Abitas. I like a few others as well, but will drink those 3 before the rest of Abitas line up.

I do suggest if you like a good stout, to try the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. Very very good and has a little kick after a few. Pretty much my all time favorite beer at the moment but like I said it gets pricey at $5 a pint.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I was happy with most domestic beers until I started trying others. Now to be honest most domestic beers, Bud, Miller, etc etc are like cold piss water to me. But I won't lie... when money is tight i'll still buy a 30 pack of miller lite.

7. shane0911

Ahh okay I see it now. Must have been my "consumption" that got in the way of me "comprehension" not surprising. I'm not big on oatmeal stouts because I don't typically enjoy a really think beer and those are usually pretty thick. Guinness is usually considered a heavy beer but it is incredibly light. Looks can often be deceiving when it comes to beer. I will give it a try next time I see it on tap.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I tend to agree when I'm drinking socially but if I'm having one or two at the house while watching tv, I'll expand my mind a bit. I usually grab a different six pack a week to try out. I know it's nothing really out there but I've been drinking Stella lately. It's a solid beer. Also pilsner urquell is great too. I don't like dark beers during the summer. I like something a little lighter. My favorite beer is probably UFO but I can't even find it in Lake Charles. It's in New Orleans though and I always by a six pack when I'm in town.

9. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

i have become a big fan of the Sweetwater line. Blue is by far my favorite but 420 is dern good as is waterkeeper and motorboat.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

dos equis.jpg dos equis.jpg

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.

Stay Thirsty, my friends