Alex Box Standing Room Only

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Feb 27, 2011.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Wanted to travel down for the Florida series but they only have SRO tickets. Is SRO along the fence beyond the bleachers or where? Looking at the seating chart, I can't determine the vantage point from which I would be viewing the game. Are SRO tickets worth the purchase? It will be my first game at Alex Box (old or new).

1 person likes this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not sure, but if they are near the concessions behind home plate I'd buy them.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

How many you need? You should be able to land some before the game, outside the Box.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

SRO is anywhere you can stand without blocking someones view. We stood just along the left field line along the wall that is part of the upper section (222-223). I'd imagine it's like that all around the stadium. We actually found some seats in right field that were unoccupied last year for a Florida game after the 2nd inning.

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

They have a concourse behind home plate, which is behind the grand stand seating. I usually stand there when I go to games. Great view if you don't mind standing. It's also in the shade. After the 5th or 6th inning, the game marshalls leave and empty seats in the grandstands are free game to the SRO people.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was wondering if this was a decent deal or not. I'm thinking about taking my nine-year-old to the Sunday Cal State Fullerton game in a couple of weeks.

She's mainly excited to say she's been to a game at The Box.

7. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

Tiga's right. I've never been to a game with a pair of tickets in hand. There are always someone out there selling face value tickets.

Stacy, it wouldn't be a bad option for you either. I've brought my 7 yr old daughter and the ticket tackers just let her in :wink:

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

Women are so much smarter than men. :grin:

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Thanks for all the good info. My son and I are having a "man's" weekend so I'll just try to get a couple of tickets outside the Box. He's also getting his first look at Tiger Stadium so it will be a fun weekend either way.

10. LSUTiga

Sounds like a weekend he'll NEVER forget. Hope you two have fun.