Alabama radio host says expect large wave of Tide players to transfer in coming weeks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 16, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I know it seems like LSU is losing another player every day to the portal, but NIL has changed college football from top to bottom and that includes Alabama. Talented 4/5 star players who haven't found the starting lineup or haven't gotten enough playing time are going to test the market and see what their value is. The Alabama radio host said expect a lot of Tide players to hit the portal soon, including some big name players looking to cash in on lucrative NIL deals. I guess it's nice to see NIL affect other programs, but the reality is teams are going to have to re-recruit their own players every year so they won't transfer out. Like Kiffin said, recruiting now is nothing more than the college that's willing to pay the most money is going to get that player!

LSUTiga, tzanghi and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'll believe it when I see it

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

They’re just negotiating for more NIL $$$$. As I said NIL and the transfer portal have ruined college football.
    We need Will Wade to teach modern recruiting and roster management.

4. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

+1

shane0911 likes this.
  5. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

It's NIL and playing time, but you can also bet your bottom dollar that Saban is updating "The Process" to take advantage of the new rules.

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

If you’re not ahead of the curve, it can crush you.

LSUTiga and shane0911 like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly, I don't know what else they would expect him to do. Ou and clempson taught him he needed to update his offense and he never looked back.

Can't blame him because you refuse to follow his lead

XXL TideFan likes this.
  8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I just don't see how this NIL doesn't turn into a huge pile of shit. The college football blue bloods have never shown self discipline - quite the opposite. Put the transfer portal and NIL together without NFL type controls on player movement and add in 17/18 year olds that are frequently poor but valuable to rich alums and its a formula for disaster.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

There are only a limited # of schools with the alumni $ that Texas, A&M, Bama, etc have. The schools in the non-power 5 + power 5 schools like Miss St, Vandy, South, Car., Kansas, Minn, etc will see the problems and demand this be reined in.

Sourdoughman likes this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Demand who? The NCAA was basically told to sit down and SFU and responded 'Thank You Sir, may I have another'. I can see the possibility of a new division - the NIL Super Power 15. 15 schools that can afford the price of admission and are willing to play. Some kids will do well, some kids will get hurt. If an 18 year old is getting 6 figure incomes to play college football how hard are they going to work on a degree? How many will be one and doner's like basketball?
    Its a fucking mess

StaceyO and Sourdoughman like this.