Aaron Hill is getting a lot of love around MLB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jun 17, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Watching the highhlights on TV, especially Baseball Tonight, I keep hearing a lot of great things being said about Hill. The Mets old GM said he would trade a lot of star players to get Hill on his roster. His manager keeps raving about him. Here's a little excerpt of something that was on SI.Com.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Here's more, damn browser.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Man, I'm soooo ready for football.

When I read this thread title, I thought "We have a guy named Aaron Hill playing middle linebacker for us this year?" :)

78 days...

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I remember seeing Aaron Hill for the first time as a true freshman and predicting that he was going to be an RBI machine. The kid just looks like and gives off the aura of somebody born to be a ballplayer.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he started off on fire but has cooled off quite a bit (hitting about .250 over the past two weeks). i'll certainly be following him the rest of the year.

hill's game by game stats this season

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Can't wait to get a chance to see him in person when Toronto comes back to Boston.

Saw Keisler pitch for Cincy the other night. Didn't look all that great in that particular outting though...

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

.250 is about manny ramirez's current average. what's your point? :hihi: :hihi:

if .250 is his slump I'm sure many others would take it. PLus his onbase+slugging is almost .900. impressive.

yes he is a clutch rbi machine. he had 2 triples in his first 3 or 4 games which is unreal and now 3.

He is a gap hitter and hopefully they send adams down since he can barely hit and let Aaron play SS. Surprised he has yet to steal a base.

1 person likes this.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you're right. IF thats his slump. its just not so uncommon to see someone start off on fire and then settle down as a .230 hitter (remember kevin maas?). sure does look like adams needs some more seasoning.

9. tirk

hill will not be a .230 or even a .250 hitter. some players start out hot yet dont hit for power. extra-base hits with 6 doubles and 3 triples is what proves it. His 20 homers will eventually come once he plays a full year and gets even more comfortable. aaron is one of those special guys who just has a great feel for the game and never seems out of place.

of course he will struggle at times like all players but he will never be as bad hitting as adams. I dont think that guy will ever be worthy of his 1st round selection.

10. tirk

.291 hitter last 2 years on the nose and .321 hitter currently.

he recently signed the above contract. its very strange a player give his options on their first 3 years of free agency. its likely he cost himself a lot of money yet its refreshing to see in today's sports world. he said he was content being there. hes a good guy.

he hit 17 homers last year. good call.