A public service announcement to anti-vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lemme see how unwilling you still are to be honest about this.

when you said we were all making a big deal about a "hoax", you were referring to when trump called the virus a hoax right?

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the people who are scared can get the vaccines.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is what I never understood. If you have the vax, why do you care if other people dont?

Frogleg and Winston1 like this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think the primary point of difference between us is how we see the seriousness of the virus. It's killed people I know that had no reason dying - meaning they were relatively young and healthy. Beyond that the economy and social costs are likely larger collateral damage than we can even calculate. Vaccination programs are not created by societies to protect individuals, they are created by societies to protect the society.
    So while I got vaccinated because I'm in a high risk group (age); if I was 30 years younger I would have gotten vaccinated to reduce the chance that I could be a virus spreader to my family and friends.
    Same for required vaccinations for Polio, Mumps, Measles, and all the rest. The government doesn't want your kid to get Polio, but that's not what drove the government to action. The mass vaccination program was set up to eliminate the damage polio caused to our society. As Spock would say, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” And Kirk responded “Or the one.”

Winston1 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again, if the vax works and then all that should matter is if the people that want it can get it. Why does it then matter if people who dont want it choose not to get it?

I am glad I didnt get it. It looks like the people that got it are gonna have to get 3 shots a year.

Yea, good luck guys.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You know what should be concerning? The fact that this was man made and their man made drug can't fix it.

That is why the gain of function research is now allowed in the US and lying Fauxchi should be in jail.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

An overwhelming majority will.

Sure komrade, in the CCP maybe. Not here.

More MSM talking point drivel.

Exactly.. for every story he posts, I could post one from the opposite point of view. He is nothing more then a sanctimonious, virtue signaling liberal cuck.

Of course they did. Are you really dumb enough to believe its not in their best interests to do so?

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

thats nice of you i guess. but it doesnt mean we should force it on people. also its not clear that, for example, the naturally immune younger people are worse spreaders than the vaccinated young.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Because, as I said in my post, for the same reason we require vaccinations for Polio, Mumps, Measles, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough), Rubella, and Meningococcal (Meningitis) to protect the people, not the person.
    I'm not a sissy about shots so this is a so what to me. Not getting the vaccine only makes sense if you don't believe the virus is killing people or disrupting our society and economy. Otherwise your putting yourself before your country.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah . if you are healthy and thin and young, you dont need it and the evidence you are spreading it is fairly scant.

plus the human body is a very complicated thing and drugs have side effects. its sane to avoid taking any drugs and just be healthy via eating right and exercising.

we have lots of diseases our great great grandparents didnt have. we have jellied livers and clogged arteries and low testoterone and autism and a bunch of other problems. why? unclear. but its clear we take lots of meds.