50th Running of the Daytona 500

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by orlandotiger, Jan 22, 2008.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Feb 17th is the actual race but the festivities ("Race Week") starts on Feb 7th. So since Orlando/Daytona are getting things started I decided why not us! Thier web site looks real nice for the celebration! This should be a celebration you don't want to miss!

http://www.daytona500.com/

Looking forward to getting there!

So what news have you heard? Been so into football haven't paid a lot of attention!

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Testing was last week. Jr looked good in his new Hendrick ride. But the suprise was that Toyota overall looked very strong. But of course you know Hendrick isn't going to truely show their hand so you never know how the Toyota's are going to match up against them. I'm looking forward to it and looking forward to winning another season on Fantasy NASCAR!:D

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Toyota is strong but now Hendrick is getting their Junior Mears camp to stepping up with more information. Hendrick merging in the National Series with Junior is the underwriting to their propulsion.

Gibbs will have to spend a year learning their new system along with new players but I see Gibbs bringing Toyota their first win. Junior in the 88 this Daytona is going to be hard to beat.

I see another Gordon/ Johnson fest this year and Junior will win three minimum. Roush might be the turd in their punch bowl. Yates, I don’t even want to talk about. My best goes to them.

Childress with kinks in the new engine might be their only down fall. They get that worked out and watch Jeff Burton go on a tear. That happens and Burton gets the crown. Ward will draft him well. :wink:

4. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

This is what I get out of testing:

Toyota, Jr, and Mears are looking strong because those teams need to find out what they have. Johnson and Gordon already know what they have. Not seeing a roush car up in the testing speeds makes me worry about them alot. Last year Jack Roush admitted that they had some catching up to do. They were horrible in the COT races last year and were just starting to compete toward the end. Now they have to figure out their 1 1/2 mile setups which will take them a least 1/2 a season. I think its going to be another year Hendrick domination with maybe Gibbs making a push around mid season.

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

Toyota learning curve for Gibbs, they do pick things up quick though. :yelwink2: 1.5 milers Hendrick may fade a tad and if anybody can figure out the package for those tracks it is Roush.

Hendrick, for combined effort should go again this year! :shock: Childress will have to prove it. :cool:

6. orlandotiger

This is some good info! Keep it coming.

Were there any major changes to the cot from last year to this one? If I remember correctly there was still some whining going on at the end of last season or was that just from the losers!? :). Also is it gooing to be used for all races or just a select few?

7. clair

clair Rockets

will this running be as boring as the other 49 were? :confused:

I'll leave this thread alone now, I promise.

8. CajunlostinCali

9. orlandotiger

Thank you we appreciate that! Stick to your gymnastics!

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

the coolest thing to come out of the daytona 500 was this picture

[​IMG]