4* DT QB Justin Rogers announcing tomorrow

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tiger in NC, May 23, 2017.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Looks like Parkway QB Justin Rogers will be choosing between LSU, North Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Louisville, Oregon and Harvard. The Bossier City native is rated the #4 DT QB by ESPN and the #3 player from the state of Louisiana. Rogers has seemingly been leaning to TCU but TCU has a stacked roster at QB right now. IMO LSU's chances to get him are slim due to us signing to highly touted QB's last year, one or both of whom might get a redshirt this year. All of that said, would love to add him to the stable.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hope Coach Oeaux is nor taking the wishy washy path of Les Miles when it comes to QB's. Already signed dual threat Narcisse and pocket passer Brennan. I prefer the traditional pro style approach but for God's sake choose one or the other and stick with it.

3. Tiger in NC

Canada has worked with and had success with both styles of QB. Like you I would like to see them stick to one or the other. That said, look at Alabama. They've always been more of a pocket passer type team but then Jalen Hurd comes along and suddenly they are a read option offense. Either way, I don't think we'll get this kid.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why not?

5. Tiger in NC

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get him and start stock piling talent at QB and let attrition take it's course. But in today's recruiting environment these kids are looking to see where they can play the fastest. The only angle I see for us is telling him that Brennan and Narcisse will likely redshirt and he (Rogers) will be able to compete for the starting spot against the two of them next year when Etling is gone. I have heard that he favors TCU but TCU is loaded at QB also. I look for him to sign with Louisville.

6. shane0911

Probably so. I think this is the same kid that said LSU is sort of like a dirty word up there after the Brandon Harris debacle. Guess we will see... @bhelmLSU what you got for us?

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

"4* DT QB Justin Rogers announcing tomorrow"... before he de-commits and re-announces 3 times between now and next February.

This is not a knock on the OP, but a knock on these kids and the process.

Tiger in NC and shane0911 like this.
  8. Tiger in NC

no offense taken, your statement is validated by year after year of that very thing happening during recruiting

9. shane0911

Well????

10. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Can't you read man it's Tomorrow he announces, like the sign in the bar "free drinks tomorrow".

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.