2010 DE Jordan Allen COMMITTED TO LSU (LOI)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by JohnLSU, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

At the 5A State Championship game, both Mingo (6'5, 206) and DE Jordan Allen (6'6, 248) were the giants that towered over the rest of the guys on the West Monroe defense. Allen is a junior, and Burke Hayes (Southeastern Regional Manager of Football Recruiting for Scout.com), ranked him the #5 best overall Louisiana recruit and the #1 DL recruit in Louisiana for 2010 in his Dec 12, 2008 piece that ranked the talent for the 2010 class coming out of the southeastern United States.

In the 5A State Championship game, I saw Allen get this huge sack that cost Destrehan some massive yardage.

In response to the 5A State Championship game, Dandy Don wrote that he was "very Impressed with junior defensive end Jordan Allen from West Monroe."

In the semifinals, "Allen smashed into the Barbe quarterback as he was cocked back to pass, forcing a fumble that the junior recovered at the Rebels 49-yard line." (LINK)

In the quarterfinals, "Jordan Allen blocked a punt and recovered it for a touchdown, breaking the back of Ouachita." (LINK)

In a Dec 12 article, it was reported that Allen leads the West Monroe defense with nine sacks -- Mingo had seven. (LINK)

Allen is also on the West Monroe track team, were he competes in the shot put.

Here is a video of Allen being featured in the local news, with some game footage:
    http://myarklamiss.com/content/fulltext/?cid=27581

[​IMG]
    #99 Jordan Allen, DE, West Monroe

1 person likes this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Re: West Monroe's Jordan Allen -- class of 2010

If nothing else, I can promise you that he's strong as hell. WMHS's weightlifting program is legendary.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

“I spoke to coach Miles from LSU right before the Ole Miss game this past season,” Allen explained. “One of the coaches said coach Miles wanted to talk to me and so I went and sat with him before they went out on the field. He said I have my eye on you and you have no choice you are coming here."

“I was really surprised about that, especially hearing it from coach Miles,” Allen added with excitement. “When you always see someone on television you just don’t expect to hear that. I like LSU. I’ve never seen a better fan base from any other school. Just the roar of the crowd in Tiger Stadium alone, nothing compares to that.”

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=5853

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Mingo and Allen.. both GIANTS playing both DE spots..

:wave:

We'll bat down alot of short passes haha.

5. bigloggerhead

bigloggerhead The voice of reason

I gotta get over to Rebel Stadium and give this kid a look this upcoming year. Looks like he could be a beast.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

2010 DE Jordan Allen

:geaux: Anybody got some good info/insights on DE Jordan Allen
    (6-5/250) from West Monroe. Looks like he would be a great additon to LSU's 2010 Class if/when he decides to commit. Supposedly visited at the last junior day but is not ready to pull the trigger yet. Says he has offers from Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, and possibly Texas in additon to LSU. I hope LSU ends up with this kid. Looks like a great DE prospect. Thoughts, opinions? Didn't see another thread on him. :LSU231:

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: 2010 DE Jordan Allen

His is near the top of our board and I expect him to end up a Tiger.

One of Miles' 1st offers and Miles said he had no choice, he has to come to LSU.

I expect him to end it before his senior season.

There are rumors that we will get a commit tomorrow and he is 2nd on my list guesses. If we get a commit I think it will be Reid since he and his dad were supposed to go out to lunch this week. OL Luke Carpentier out of Curtis would be my other guess.

1 person likes this.
  8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Thanks for the info Bhelm, appreicate it. Apologize about not seeing the preivous thread. Looked but didn't use the "search".:redface: :LSU231:

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU was named the leader like expected.

1. LSU
    2. UGA
    3. Nebraska

Says he plans to take all of his official visits before committing.

10. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

It's gonna be like Mingo (and most other West Monroe kids)..he'll take his visits and people from other schools will scream about how they turned him, but in the end if he isn't at LSU I'd be shocked.