Zanbrano/Barrett Brawl

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jun 1, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

After Zambrano crossed up Barrett on a pitch, Barrett threw the ball into the outfield, allowing a run to score, and extending the Braves big lead.

At the end of the inning, the two exchanged words and Zambrano gave him a left-right combo.

After the initial fight was broken up, Lou Pinella had to go running into the club house to break up round 2.

Both were taken out by sweet Lou.

Edit: TBS is reporting that Carlos has left the stadium... IN THE 6TH INNING. That is an unwritten rule of baseball that you stick around until the end, regardless of if you are available or not.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sosa would be proud.

apparently zambrano's era is like 3 when blanco catches him and was supposed to begin being his personal catcher much like maddux did with ??? wasnt it blanco, the same dude oddly enough? i think it was more or less he just wanted anyone besides javy.

i guess CZ wont be winning the cy this year as he boldly predicted. he's losing millions with each game with his upcoming free agency.

3. clair

clair Rockets

yes. Blanco is his personal catcher, but he had to be disabled today, so I guess they will need to find someone new, because he and Barrett don't work together. :)

4. tirk

no, they were going to start making him his personal catcher today but he had to go on the dl. he and barrett had been having some problems obviously working together and today was the final straw.

i was asking who was maddux's personal catcher when with the braves? wasnt it blanco as well? cmon braves bandwagoner. :lol: :lol:

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Paul Bako was maddux catcher when with the braves, but he was only there for maybe 2 years.

6. clair

clair Rockets

it basically was whoever the No. 2 catcher was.

Sometimes Bako, sometimes Blanco.

It just depended on who the No. 2 was.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought Maddux personal catcher when he was with the Braves was Eddie Perez. Not sure why he never like Javy Lopez.

8. clair

clair Rockets

Bobby always tries to get his No. 2 catcher a few ABs. He does it with McCann.

I remember Javy catching Maddux in the playoffs and Maddux having a CG, shutout.

9. tirk

actually everyone is right i believe. now proof he was just anti-javy.

perez, bako and blanco were all his pers. catcher at one time.

i think he hated estrada too.

10. clair

clair Rockets

Maddux's last year in ATL was Johnny's last year in AAA. They were never up together.