Your Favorite Beer

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 17, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just curious what type of beer(s) everyone here prefers. I have always been a whiskey drinker and have not tried many beers in my life. Any of you have some favorites to suggest?

[​IMG]

2. One that I got hooked on in when I lived in Florida is Blue Moon, Belgian White. It is made by Coors but it is pretty much an underground kinda beer, few have heard of it.

[​IMG]

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Woohoo...I always love beer posts!!! Let's start the list:
    Domestic cheap - Coors Light, Budweiser
    Domestic better - Shiner Bock, Abita Amber, Killian's Irish Red, Pete's Wicked Ale
    Canadian - Shaftebury Honey Ale, Okanagan Spring
    Mexico - Dos Equis Amber, Negra Modelo
    England - Bass Pale Ale, McEwan's India Pale Ale, Newcastle
    Germany - Warsteiner, Becks
    Holland - Heineken, Murphy's
    Ireland - Guinness, Harp Lager
    Jamaica - Red Stripe

Think thats about it for my list. I haven't gotten the courage to try the Asian beers. I've heard some bad things. Its hard for me to pick an absolute favorite on the list as it depends on my mood, and food among other things. Dos Equis Amber is delicious, Red Stripe is always a pleaser, but Shaftebury Honey Ale is terriffic, its just a little micro in British Columbia.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LSUGradin99

Where can I buy some Blue Moon to try it?

5. LSUGradin99

Similar question for you... Where can I get some Shaftebury Honey Ale?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

beer is one of the best things in the world, in that virtually every beer is good. a couple canadians taste a bit skunky to me, but i am happy to drink those also.

short list of my favorites:

abita amber
    newcastle brown ale
    basically all mexican type beers, meaning corona, tecate, regular dos equis (and also the ones DD mentioned, dos equis amber and negra modela, which are not light lagers like the others, but good nonetheless)
    murphy's irish stout. for a long time murphys was my favorite by a large margin.

the only asian beers i have had are sapporo and asahi. there is another famou one, kirin, but i cant remember having that one. i always get sapporo at sushi restaraunts, and i like it. the problem for me is that i like every beer, so its hard for me to list favorites and least favorites.

lsugradin99, i notice you live in baton rouge. therefore, you should make a visit to the abita factory a priority on your schedule. its fun, you learn a little about beermaking, and get all the free beer you can drink. i dunno if i was fooling myself, because i was just so giddy about all the beer, but the freshly made beer there, its as good as anything i have ever tasted. they will have all the regulars (amber, turbodog), as well as maybe a couple seasonals, like right now they might be making octoberfest or christmas lager or whatver. just give those a taste, then destroy yourself with turbodog. hard to find a better way to spend a day than a beer tour with fresh free turbodog.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

in baton rouge, a good place to try to get odd or harder to find beers is colandros (sp?).

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

heineken
    dos equis green
    amber bock
    red stripe
    red bud
    miller lite for local
    schlitz

don't drink a turbo dog. lmao.

9. LSUGradin99

Don't really care for it, have had it in the past.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

dont listen to tirk or yourself, turbodog is tasty.