Your excitement level for the BCS Championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Dec 16, 2007.

?

How excited are you to be playing in the 2008 BCS Championship game, compared to 2004

Poll closed Jan 7, 2008.
  1. I'm more excited, this will put a cap on a great decade of 2000!

57.1%
  2. My excitement level is the same, a championship game is a championship game!

35.7%
  3. I am less excited, this is getting old hat...

7.1%
  4. Other, I know my coonie buds will have some smart alec remark bout this down below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Compared to the 2004 Championship game, or you more, less or about the same level of excitement? Why?

I voted. In 2004, it had been so long since we won a national championship, and we weren't expected to contend, and it got so close with the BCS formula at the end, I thought I'd pop.

This year, I expected us to contend, so some of that excitement is not there. We played almost to form, I picked us 11-1 in the regular season on the strength of the defense, plus Hester, Williams, Scott, Doucet, LaFell, and Flynn.

Overall, I'm real satisfied with the season, but not quite as excited about the championship game itself, as in 2004.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Last time around...I was able to go to the SECCG...and I remember being really excited...enough to stay up and watch the Hawaii game. I remember riding home the next day and hearing that it would likely be us in the BCSNCG. No doubt it was exciting.

But, this time around...I am goin' to the 'ship!!!!!!!!!!!! So there's no way it isn't more exciting for me this time!:geaux:

If I wasn't going to the game...I would have voted 2004.:thumb:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

its getting to be old "hat"

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Bringing home :crystal: never gets old.
    I am excited.

:eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

My excitement level will probably pick up after new years. And it would definitely pick up if I score some tix at a reasonable price. But right now, I'm not all that excited.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I was just referring to the use of the expression old "hat", pretty funny

I definitely am more excited because we will win it twice and be the first to do it. That "first" cannot never be erased from the record books.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I agree with you there. 2003 season truly was special, with so many things going right for us to get in. No one expected us to contend and we were still under the radar back then. This season was by far more exciting but we did lose two games but they were very close exciting games unlike the 2003 UF game. I am maybe just a little less excited than in 2003, but it is still very very high.:crystal: It would be more exciting if everyone wasn't picking us to win as well...

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

My excitement level grows everyday. Along with my anxiety level.:milesmic: :geauxtige

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I find it hard to believe anyone is more excited than in 03. That was our first chance to go in the modern times and started a new era in LSU football. I was definitely more excited in 03. Having said that, I think about this game every day and can't wait to see it. It is the 2nd most excited I have ever been for a game.

So I voted less excited even though the "it's getting old" is ridiculous. You can be less excited yet still be out of your mind excited. That's how most of you feel I would think if you are honest with yourself.

You can pm me if you agree...our little secret.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Don't you just love old hats ?

1 person likes this.