Your conference choices:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaBengal, Mar 14, 2002.

1. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

While it's March madness I thought it'd be cool to see your picks for top conferences in b-ball. What the heck, let's throw in football too. Gimme your top 3: For me, the SEC doesn't get near enough respect and all conf. are good but at the top it's gotta be the ACC. In football it's a no-brainer.

B-ball: Football:

1. ACC 1. SEC

2. SEC 2. Big 10

3.Big 12 3. PAC 10

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

In football, the SEC whipped the Big 10 so bad that there should be a few empty spaces between #1 and Big 10

3. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

Basketball:
    1. SEC-we are too strong from top to bottom. i.e. NIT, NCAA
    2. ACC- They got Duke and Maryland(normally it's Duke & N.C.)
    3. Big 10

Football:
    1. SEC-duh!
    2. Big 12- there top teams are really strong
    3. ACC-Just for this past year because no other conference really impressed me.

The SEC is the all around best atheletic conference in the nation. If you look at Football, Basketball, Track, Swimming, Baseball, Softball, Gymnastics, Tennis and Golf you'll understand what I'm talking about.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

This past football season highlighted how vastly different the style of play between the SEC and Big Ten is on the field. However, it seems that these two leagues are similar in basketball (also the Big 12). Watching a Pac-10 game (especially Arizona, Oregon, UCLA) is like watching a completely different style of basketball. Everyone has branded the West as the toughest bracket (and it may still be) but USC and Gonzaga already lost. These teams may not be able to adapt to physical play and a half-court game. I like NM's list for football but I would replace #3 with either the Pac 10 or the Big 10. I'll wait until after the tourney to make my basketball list (I guess that's cheating).

5. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

After results in the tourney so far, it seems tough to keep the big 12 out of the top 2 in basketball and really probably even the top spot. 4 teams in the sweet 16; 2 already advancing to the elite 8 (OK and Mizzou) with the other 2 (TEX and Kansas) playing tonite for spots in the 8. 4 teams in the elite 8 would be truly amazing.

6. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

Apparently I spoke to soon about SEC basketball. I will have to give the Big 12 the honors in basketball. I still can't believe how poorly the SEC performed in the tournament.