You just got to try this!!!!!!!!!!!! LASAGNA

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by col reb, Apr 12, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If you have company coming, who you don't care for, put pimento and cheese/potted meat sandwhichs on the grill. But if they are folks you really want to impress or please, PLEASE try this and let me know how you like it. One of my family's favorites. When we do this, all that know, come for dinner.

AGAIN-------THE OLE COL HAS A LARGE FAMILY, SO I USUALLY DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THIS................................

Ingrediants:

1) One lb. hamburger meat
    2) 4 small cans of tomatoe paste
    3) One onion (chopped)
    4) Two cloves of garlic
    5) One box lasagna noodles
    6) One container of Ricotta cheese
    7) Sliced Mozzarella cheese
    8) Grated Parmesean cheese

This receipe came from an Italian friend of mine and has never brought nothing but raves when we serve it to company.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Brown onion and garlic in small amount of olive oil. Brown hamburger meat and drain off grease. Add tomatoe paste one can at a time adding 2 1/2 cans of water per can of paste. Add one tsp sugar per can. Add one tsp salt per can. Bring to a boil and cook on slow boil for one hour uncovered. Cook noodles with a couple drops of olive oil in water. Drain. In lasagna dish, put about one cup of sauce. Then add noolles. Sauce. Spoon on Ricotta. Add mozzarella. Repeat ending with noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesian. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

WHILE THE WIFE IS DOING THIS----DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE THAT EASY DID YOU? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The night before you plan to cook this, buy whatever chicken you want. I usually buy a whole chicken and have the butcher saw it in half. Sometimes, I have to buy five or six chickens. Make it light on yourself.

In a very large pot, place the chicken in it. Pour Italian dressing over this. "Cover!" WalMart sells huge containers of Italian dressing. Marinate over night. Salt/pepper the next day. Cook as you usually do on your grill.

YOUR GUESTS WILL FEEL LIKE YOU PREPARED THREE DAYS TO FEED THEM!!!!!

Green salad tops this off with some good french bread with garlic spread.

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Wow! Using tomato paste for a sauce base? Most cooks I know use tomato paste to add body or as a thickener for a sauce. The recipe isn't bad but I think a better sauce can be made using canned crushed tomatoes or even a canned sauce such as Hunt's Traditional. You might even try adding a few herbs to the sauce such as basil, oregano, marjoram or perhaps some capers, olives or roasted peppers.

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

try it and then change it.......if your's is better to you, let me know. If you compare it may get better. I love crushed tomatoes or diced, but I would think that would make this juicy. You really don't want that. My Italian friend who gave me this recipe lived in Birmingham, last time we talked.:thumb: Trust me. Between the hamburger meat juices and cheeses, it will be plenty juicy. As I said, we double it. That leaves plenty of sauce for those who desire extra.

Gonna be in your fine state in a few weeks. Youngest son getting married on the beach at Gulf Shores. Dining there that night. Back home the next day. Reception. Leave for Jackson, Ms the next day. Flying in to Fla. Leaving for a week's cruise - P.R. / Virgin Islands etc then home.