WR Kraig Appleton

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

4* WR Appleton out of St. Louis has had an offer from LSU since the beginning and he just narrowed down his list to 3 with Ohio St., LSU, and Texas Tech. But from his comments he sounds like he is all about LSU at this point in the process and LSU has not let up on him.

Rated by Scout as the #9 WR in this class at 6'3, 190. 4.4 speed.

He would fit in nicely as the potential 3rd WR in this class and I am pretty confident we will take 3 in this class even before Benton's qualifying problems.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I believe we'll take 3 WRs in this so long as the third (outside of Bell & Randle) is a difference maker.

I haven't watched film on Appleton yet, but I'm going to get around to it. What are some of ya'lls opinions on him?

3. bhelmLSU

I heard someone say that Appleton reminded him of Bowe and I have to agree with that based on the film. Moves really well for a tall guy but even more surprising is he body control after the catch. He is a deep threat but looks like he will be an asset running crossing routes and making tough yards after the catch. He has the potential to spread the field wide open in college. Couldn't see much of his route running ability on the video.

4. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

I was going to compare him to Dwayne Bowe but you beat me to it. I like him a lot..not as much as DeBose but I think he could still be a difference maker.

5. bhelmLSU

Shep and Parso might be on to something.

Appleton named LSU his leader today and OSU #2. He hasn't even been on LSU's campus yet.:)

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Is he coming to the camp later this month?

7. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Most would assume he would be our 3rd WR, along with Randle and Bell. However, there are several others out there that have us in the mix. For instance, Bumphis had us among his leaders. He is ranked ahead of Bell on the services, but not by much. If I were Bell I would commit soon if I wanted to play for LSU because I assume Appleton is higher on our board and we will hold a spot open for Randle. I don't know if Bumphis is higher on our board, but there are still several big time receivers showing interest that are. Is there any chance we would not accept Bell's commit at the current time?

8. bhelmLSU

Waiting for a new update but last update he said he wanted to get down here as soon as possible. Trying to make it this summer but I do not think he is going to the camp unless something has changed. If not this summer, he will come for a game in the fall.

9. bhelmLSU

Bell and Randle have their spots saved and I am not worried about them committing to another school.

The 3rd spot is up for grabs and out of Patterson, Appleton, Wooten, and Bumphis I think Appleton is higher on our board. Wooten plays the slot along with Bell so I do see us taking him unless the situation changes with Bell or Benton and another WR (who I can not think of right now) do not qualify and we take Wooten as an athlete for punt and kick returns with a shot at cracking the WR rotation.

Bumphis does not seem like a guy the staff is really high on and I think contact with the staff has died down some.

10. bhelmLSU

Forgot to mention Debose and Brown who are up there on our board along with Appleton but I see them as long shots.