Wings

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by SyrTiger, Jul 15, 2010.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I'm absolutely looking forward to trying all of the Cajun food when I get down there, but I still gotta ask about what I'm giving up, (Buffalo) wings. I looked back through most of the posts here and didn't find a topic about it yet. Is there any places in Baton Rouge, or perhaps New Orleans, that have good wings?

And for the record since I've been to Buffalo if anyone is going there, Duff's is the best.

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

We have a Buffalo Wild Wings but I've kinda given up on them. I get mine from Wing Stop nowadays. They are a little more expensive and they don't have as many flavors but they are far superior. I've had Plucker's before and they weren't bad, but they are on the opposite side of town from me so I don't get them from there very often. There is a new place going up in Prairieville near my house that I see when I go to Rotolo's but they weren't open yet last time I checked. I plan to check them out when they do open though.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

What is the name of Duff's biggest competition?

I like Bear's Grill and Spirit's wings the best right now. Copelands has ok wings but their ranch dressing is awesome. I usually get blue cheese at other places though. Sammy's are decent. If i get them from a big wing chain it is Hooters for me, Breaded 3 Mile Island.

I can't think of the others and probably won't compare to Duff's but more than a few restaurants that do not specialize in just wings are your best bet.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I drove past Bear's a few days ago and they are closed down I usually go to Brewbacher's for wings. They give you a dozen large wings for $6,95. I douse them with lots of hot sauce

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

bears across from mike a's? damn! i was just thinkin i could go for a roast beef po boy. time to find plan b.

6. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The Anchor Bar is the original wings and probably are more famous. Don't get me wrong, they are very good, but Duff's is much better. Another place called Honey's is also very good. These are all places that are either in the Buffalo, Niagara Falls, or Orchard Park area.

I'll make sure to try some around BR.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The only decent wings in BR are the ones you make yourself. Same for BBQ.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Pluckers has pretty good wings. They aren't great by any means, but the batter retains some crunch which I really like. They also have pretty good flavors.

MLU is right about bbq though. Coo-yon's is ok. After that there is nothing.

9. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

New place on Government Street near Boudreaux's is pretty good. Sweets BBQ, Screen porch, take-out only.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

In other words, SyrTiger, you ain't gonna miss buffalo wings at all.

But you're coming to a region where your mouth can start having a party.

If you like trash food like wings, I have one word to say to you:

Muffaletta !!!:hihi:.