Will losing Mauck and Clayton effect...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan636, Jan 14, 2004.

1. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

With losing both Mauck and Clayton effect where we will be preseason ranked? I know our Defense will be just as good but will people underestimate us with having a freshman QB starting? If so, where do y'all think we will be ranked?

2. Curveball

Curveball Founding Member

What ever happened to Marcus Randall?

3. LSUfan636

Yeah, your right... But I dont think he is going to win the starting position.

4. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I heard the same thing FightinTIGER. I really believe Randall will be on the sideline doing his clipboard duties. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but the recruits should be great.

5. LSUfan636

I cant wait to see Russell play. Is he supposed to be at all mobile? I know hes a pocket passer but if forced can he run?

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Yea, he can run. He got a lot of rushing yards when he was in high school. If JaMarcus lives up to his hype, I'm gonna be a happy person.

7. stk

stk Founding Member

Agreed. I hate to be negative, but if Randall is our starter next year I think we're going to have a reasonably one dimensional offense - and it wont be a the passing game.

8. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Randall will not start next year. He's a second string QB at best and he's proved it. He's a stand up guy that has been an asset to this team, but he's not a #1 QB. If you want mobile then Flynn's your man. More mobile and faster than russell. Also hear that he sees the field well and has a strong grasp on the offense that is presently in place. If Russell learns the offense he'll give Flynn a run for his money. I haven't seen either play as of yet, but if Flynn has already got the play book down , he'd gotta be a smart guy. He's also very similar to Mauck hense an easy offensive transition.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Flynn is supposed to be very Mauck like but more athletic. You cant help but think Matt lost a step when he hurt his foot against UF in 2002.

10. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Anyone else recall reading/hearing something about Marcus Randall switching to defense? He could possibly play a lot more and be a big asset if he could take over for Jack Hunt and basically be the defensive "quarterback", calling the formations, etc.