Will Bears make a run at Dolphins undefeated season?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 8, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This team has it all. The best defense in the NFL. A steady hand at QB who doesn't make mistakes. A decent running game. And did I mention, the best defense in the NFL (yes, better than the Ravens).

The divisional opponents are very weak (Vikes, Pack, Lions). That's some easy wins. All of them, home and away.

They'll be 8-0 going into Giants stadium. That will be test #1.

Then at New England 2 weeks later. That's test #2.

Then maybe at St. Louis 2 weeks later. Maybe test #3.

That's it.

The defense alone could carry them to a perfect 16-0.

You gotta love Lovie!

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

No. Rex Grossman has been unbelievable but I'm not convinced he can keep up his production the whole entire season. And if history is any indication, he'll be injured for a couple of games this season. The defense is amazing and they certainly are the best team in the NFL as of Week 5.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah, the key is for him not to get hurt. But he is the perfect QB for that system. They don't ask him to win the games, just don't lose them. And he fits that mode.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Of course they won't.

Search for this post in January. I don't know who they'll lose to, but did you notice that the Titans only lost to the Colts by one point? The same Titans that may be the second worst team in the league?

EDIT: Don't take this to mean that I'm not thoroughly impressed with da Bears at this point. They've really put it together on both sides of the ball. If there's a team that I'd like to see win that I'm NOT a fan of, it's Da Bears. Or da Saints.