Why is the Maryland Gubernatorial race "close"?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

The Washington Post is reporting a tie in the latest poll between Republican Erlich and Democrat Kennedy. I would have thought given that the idea of Maryland electing a Republican governor would be tantamount to Wyoming electing a Democrat governor? The Post reported that whites are splitting 60-40 in favor of Erlich which to me shows that Erlich is not doing as well with whites as he should or could. I'd be shocked if Erlich can pull this off. But like many such states the key will be how many registered and unregistered negroes Kennedy can pay to get to the polls to vote their, uh, pocketbook! LOL

2. Mr. Wonderful

The data is being complied!

The only sure thing is the Republicans will keep the House. Any other information or specifics will only be shared with subscribers!

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Jim Talent is ahead of Jean Carnahan in Missouri. Lamar Alexander has a double digit lead in Tennessee last I heard. Landrieu is just above runoff line (50%+1 vote) here in Louisiana. North Carolina, Minnesota, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Arkansas, and New Jersey all have very tight races. It's anybody's ball game right now. Here's hoping the good guys can pull it out against the evil DEMON-crats. There will be at least one major upset in the Senate races.

4. Mr. Wonderful

Georgia is a very good place to look for an upset.

Rumor is Max Cleland, far and away the biggest zero in the US Senate may drop out of the race to be replaced on the ballot by Zell Miller. Then when Miller wins, Barnes can reappoint Cleland to the seat. I'm in communication with Sir Biggles on this very issue. As a wise man once put it, Cleland gets 10 points for each missing limb, question is can he get 20% without that sympathy advantage.