Who will lose? Where does LSU finish?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Nov 16, 2005.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

2. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

Hopefully not us! I think USC has the best chance of losing (all things relative) still having to play Fresno St. and UCLA.....stranger things have happened.

Don't see Texas losing to A&M. Miami could easily stumble considering the games they have left.

In my opinion, and trying to remember back to 03, it seems like the chances of a loss by USC and/or Miami are not as remote as what we needed to happen in 03. It is certainly possible that my memory is clouded.

With the above scenario, hopefully we finish playing Texas in the Rose!!!!!!

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree with you, but looking at PSU, I think they're who you have to watch out for... PSU should beat MSU this weekend and win the Big Ten conference. Seeing as they're already ahead of us in the BCS standings, we would need, IMO, sound wins against Ole Miss and Arkansas and need play UGA (due to their higher ranking) instead of South Carolina in the SECCG.

I think the only way we leap-frog PSU (pending they do win the Big Ten like I project) is to beat a UGA team ranked around the top 10. (plus all the other stuff about Miami, Texas or USC stumbling...)

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

LSU had a bye week late in 2003 where one-loss Miami, one-loss Virginia Tech and one-loss Florida State all picked up their second defeat.

LSU jumped from #7 to #4 without playing a game.

The Tigers would need some comparable to happen in the next three weeks. We might see one or two upsets, but nothing like in 2003.

5. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

Regretably, I agree. I say regretably only because I haven't bought into the notion that PSU should be ranked ahead of us.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't think they should be ranked ahead of us either. But it's Joe-Pa's last horah, and it's Penn State. They DO have talent and it's obvious that they should be a top 10 team, but I don't think they should be ahead of us either.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

PSU loses to MSU and Miami gets upset by G-tech... Those are my picks...

8. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Penn state
    Miami
    USC

2 of the 3 will take an L....

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Texas won't lose - the rest of their opponents are sad. Virginia Tech shouldn't lose a game either.

USC, Miami, LSU & Penn St all have some pretty tough opponents left to play. I think it's possible for quite a few upsets yet to come.

I don't see USC losing, but I think both Fresno St & UCLA are capable of it if USC comes in with their gaurd down. The question is, after 2 and a half straight seasons of not letting that happen, why would you expect it to happen now?

I think Miami will beat Florida St, but Georgia Tech & Virginia are both solid teams that could make things interesting.

I like how LSU matches up with Georgia, but that game will be a very hard fought battle which could probably go either way. Ole Miss is still a possible land mine for us as well.

Penn St plays a very good Wisconsin team. I think Wisconsin pulls out the win on this one, not sure why. They also play a Michigan St team that has looked impressive at teams, but been pretty sad lately so unless they go back to the old Michigan St team, this should be Penn St's to lose.

10. friday

friday Founding Member

PSU made barry alvarez look silly in his home swan song on saturday. so, it's now up to the defenseless MSU spartans to show us a little love.