Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players - 2007 thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Nov 12, 2004.

1. lsubasketball

lsubasketball Founding Member

With LSU basketball in the air I thought I would ask the question about former players (where are they now?).

Brian Beshara - overachieving small forward on LSU's Sweet 16 team in 2000. Wonder what he's doing now?

LaMont Roland - great shooter who tore his knee up his senior season. I always liked watching Lamont. Another player on that 2000 team.

Randy Livingston - had all the potential in the world coming out of Newman High School. Tore up his knee and played two years at LSU before going to the NBA as a free agent.

Torris Bright - Point guard who had a pretty good career at LSU. Finished career in 2002.

Lester Earl - LOL - Anyone seen him around.

Anyway - just thought it would be a good topic to bring up. Feel free to add names, etc.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I believe Lester Earl works for EBR animal control.

3. lsubasketball

lol

Come on now! LOL.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

What about former Tiger bball players from further back. IMO, guys like Vernell Singleton, Clarence Cesar and Chris Jackson (AKA Abdul Ra-oof or however you spell it) where better players than the recent former Tigers. Wonder what they are up to? Gert Hammick anyone?? :)

5. lsubasketball

Clarence Ceaser

Clarence Ceasar was playing Arena football in Lake Charles like 2 years ago as an offensive lineman. He was like 6'7" 295lbs. I also heard it was working in the plants there.

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I know I saw that Brad Bridgewater was on the EA Sports team this week when LSU played them.

7. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Chris Jackson took a lot of heat because of his refusal to stand for the national anthem. Then someone burned his house down. I saw a piece on tv about him a while back and he was saying he wanted to come back and could still beat out most NBA point guards, but he said couldn't get a chance because he was too controversial. If that's the case it's his own fault. I think he's still on the gulf coast doing something, but I can't remember for sure. I met him right before the NBA draft the year he left school. He seemed like a really nice guy and he autographed my copy of the SI he was on. Don't exaclty know why he chose to go the direction he did, but he went off the deep end.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I heard DeWayne Scales is the tallest bus driver in Dallas.

Vernell Singleton portrayed an NBA player in a basketball movie with Whoopie Goldberg, "Eddie", a few years ago.

Tyrone Black is a District Executive with the Istrouma Area Council of the Boy Scouts.

9. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

10. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

actually

the lester earl info seems dated, not on their current roster