What's up w/ these other SEC schools?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

As I read other forums of our SEC rivals, I am constantly surprised at how they ALL want Saban to take some job in the NFL. It's like they are already conceding the next 4-5 SECCs to LSU. I might also add that I agree that w/ Saban we will be a force to be reckoned with. I just thought that they would be a little more confidant in their coach/program. I guess this season has been an eye opener for more than just the LSU faithful.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Green with envy, amigo.

The sooner Saban is gone, the sooner LSU slips back into mediocrity, or so the story goes.

Saban's recruiting has been scaring the hell out of a lot of our SEC oppponents for a couple of years. Now they see that his gameday coaching is also a threat.

Alabama is still smarting from Francionnes departure. Astonished that anyone would willingly leave Bama, they seem to want Saban to leave to as if it will somehow ease their pain of rejection.

3. LSUChicageaux

LSUChicageaux Founding Member

I agree - it's heartening. Unlike other SEC schools (with notable exceptions of UGA and UF - maybe Tenn), LSU has always been poised to make this kind of statement nationally, what with the facilities/fan base/booster support/recruiting talent.

LSU faithful have long suspected that the Tigers had all of the makings of a legitimate contender every year, and Saban's success is evident that it's all about the coach.

If and when Saban leaves, any objective coach cannot deny the allure of the resources here to succeed.

It's simple: LSU may not always have the most incredible superstar players (though it does very well in that regard), but with Saban on the sidelines - any other SEC school will be out-coached time and time again.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm not surprised, they want Saban to leave because they want
    a chance to be able to beat us again.

They fill threatened because they see the potential with us
    always getting #1 recruiting classes and we have the best
    football coach by many people, even his peers.

They see LSU is becoming a real powerhouse and a real problem
    for the teams in the SEC.

Under Saban, I believe his winning percentage is around 50%
    in the SEC and 70% in non conference games

5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Heck, I want him to stay right where he is. Lot more fun to beat a real good team than kick around a bottom dweller.
    We will beat you about as often as you beat us.
    Just wait a little while longer.

6. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

they are really hoping Saban goes to the NFL over on Swamp Gas. three or four threads in the last few weeks. I guess because Spurrier left them they hope we lose our guy too, I suppose. I wish Spurrier had stayed, I think Saban has the type of team to really battle him now, could have been some great games. I don't understand wanting your rivals coach to leave. you should want to play and beat the best there is IMO.

Saban is obviously going to re-up with LSU, LSU fans know that. Should be some fun reading in the next couple of months....

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Because if they can't beat him they wish he would just go away. I for one was very happy when Spurrier left, those annual a$$ whoppins were beginning to hurt. I think other SEC teams feel the same way about Saban. With the success he has had recruiting and the outlook for the future both recruiting and on the field some SEC fans would be very happy to see him go.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You are way off. His total record is 38-13, and with a win over OU that would give him a 75 % winning pct. overall. He is probably close about 70 percent SEC and 90 % non-conference.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Saban has gone 5-3 in the SEC three years in a row and went 7-1 this year. That is 22-10 which is 68.75%

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

It might take BAMA a couple years to "rebound" from the mess they are in but they will be back. Bet your bottom dollar.

LSU and Bama competing for the SEC West ....the way it should be.

It will take Ole Miss another 30 years to make a legit run at a SEC title.