What is everyone reading

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Sep 25, 2004.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I just finished Bear vs Shark, Carter Beats the Devil and the Amazing Adventures of Kaviler and Clay. All three were damned good.

Its about the time of year I read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

What has made you turn pages as of late?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I'm burned out on books right now. I have one by James Rollins that I started. I've only read about 30 pages so far. I think it is Ice Hunt.

I'll get back to reading sometime soon. I usually read 4 or 5 books and then get burnout for a while.

I do like James Rollin's books. I've read 4 of them so far.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

here is what i got on my plate:

1. just finished "ender's shadow" the orson scott card sci fi thing. i liked it. i think the ender series will be a movie in a year or 2. ordered the next in the series for 3 dollars from amazon.
    2. almost done with "the restaurant at the end of the universe" which i am sure supafan loved, because it is the sequel to hitchhiker's guide.
    3. just got a new richard dawkins book from amazon "a devil's chaplain". i love that guy. he is an evolutionary biologist that throws the occasional taunting of religion into his books about science and such.
    4. just bought some other cheap book about some real life tragic yacht race in australia, looked interesting, i guess i will find out.

short list of most entertaining writers of all time:

1. twain
    2. mencken
    3. richard feynman

a buddy of mine just finished the book you you mentioned lsusupafan, the Kavilier and Clay thing. everyone seems to love it, i guess i will have to borrow that one.

4. I dont read near as much any more, I think I got burnt out on it after school. I am trying to read a little more Men's Health mag stuff, health/nutrition etc.. Nothing really fun though.

5. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

Friday Night Lights this is a damn good book i hope the movie is good too

6. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I read the Da Vinci code a while back and I really enjoyed the way it was written. So I been tryin to read all of Dan Brown's books and I must say, they are all REALLY good. I read Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and I just finished Digital Fortress. Read them all in about a month. I couldn't put them down once I got started.

I need a new author to start up with. My roommate has been readin the Ender books and he said he likes those a lot so I will prolly pick those up soon.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I read Da vinci code last month and for someone who doesn't read books, it was damn good. i would say anyone who needs abook to read should read it.

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i read "the rule of four." if you liked divinci code you should like this one.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm currently halfway through 2 different books:

Hot Springs by Stephen Hunter and Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs.

10. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Who wrote it??...I will definitely check it out.... :cool: