What I know about the whole Dallas thing:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Sep 6, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I get called a spammer a lot, so this is all copy pasted straight from my site for those of you who don't read daily.

1. LSU will make no decision regarding this until mid next week. The worst case scenario is moving the game and then having the storm not hit Louisiana.
    2. If the game is moved, it will be moved most likely to Dallas. New Orleans was a sexy choice. But let’s be real, if the storm hits Louisiana, New Orleans will be just as wiped out as Baton Rouge will be.
    3. LSU WILL play this game. The Tigers need 12 games to compete with the rest of the D-I teams. So even if this game is played on the moon, it will be played.
    4. Jarrett Lee is being groomed by LSU coach Les Miles to take over the club in crunch-time situations by the Auburn game. Hatch is a steady player. But a little too steady in that he is too cautious and does not take enough chances.

www.lsusportspalace.wordpress.com

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

what i have been saying regarding ike. if it was JUST damage to ts then the dome would make sense. but with ike out there, it makes no sense at if he takes aim on la.

that has been my concern. i wasnt happy last week with a 10 am start time, but thank god we at least got the game in!

3. clair

clair Rockets

Also, something I forgot.

Say Ike on Tuesday seems to be making a straight-line, direct hit at Louisiana.

LSU wouldn't mind if the game were on a Thurs or a Fri.

a. They been on a bye week, so they will be more than prepared to play
    b. Long preparation week for Auburn on the back end.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

While at the North Texas game tonight, we went by the ticket office and inquired as to what they knew about the game possibly being moved to Dallas.

They looked at us as if we had suggested moving the game to Mars. I think they were terrified that LSU would take over Denton, but kind of went, "Ohhh..." When we said we hadn't heard Fouts Field was an option, but rather Texas Stadium, one of the guys said, "Why I don't thin kI have enough staff to pull that off in one week."

FWIW, if the move occurs, I WILL be at that game!

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'll be there too. It would be cool to meet some of ya'll.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Steady and not taking chances was what Miles has said he expected from these green quarterbacks. Just manage the offense he said. Why take risky chances on the road against Auburn?

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Hatch is a little too wholesome for Clair...

:grin:

8. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

The only way I see LSU playing in the Superdome is if Ike comes up and hits to the West of Baton Rouge and heads up towards Dallas. Under that scenario, New Orleans should be relatively unhurt, unless it comes up like Gustav and skirts the coast before turning inland. But if it's more-or-less a straight shot up through, say, Lafayette and then to the northwest, it should be in the Superdome.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The latest this AM shows it will skirt the coast and head toward Houston. Knowing the damage Gustav did in Baton Rouge I don't think Dallas would be an option either.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, Dallas is four full hours north of Houston, so it would be more like comparing what type of damage was done in Shreveport from Gustav. Most of the time, in the 12 years I've been in Dallas, tropical systems, even Rita and Gustav, didn't make it here at all.