Watching LSU Football is no longer fun

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 5, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not because of the team's play. The group I watched with last night were moaning and crying and complaining and cussing just about the entire night. Half of them went home early. I just kept quiet and watched the game, drank my beer and enjoyed a nice meal. It's incredible. It was the same thing last year beginning with game 1. Then I come on here and only a handful of people want to analyze the game. It's all about firing the coaches and pissin and moaning in thread after thread. I've just about had it.

2 people like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

^

Last night was my last night to stay on forums durig a game. I cant stand the people who complain every play thats not a 1st down.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Come watch it with me next time. Me and my son had a good time.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So you don't see the problem with LSU football? The people who were cussing and crying have valid arguements... Offense in '07= 9th... Offense in '08= 52nd (?), Offense in '09= 112th... Offense in '10... not sure but since we got burned by a team of backups, the offensive results like his for 2 straight seasons and looking like a dismal 3rd is upon us... we'd all be without a job if we produced results like this... but yet we give the moron a raise.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I enjoyed the first half last night, but the second half was ugly. I'm thankful we came away with a win because we came within inches of not winning at all (and, personally, I'm still wait for a pass interference flag to come out of the ref's pocket for that last play.)

I agree with the title of your thread, but for a different reason. The last 2 seasons were not all that fun for watching LSU football because we've been so inconsistent.

I think we've been inconsistent because we've been so young at many positions, but that does lead to a concern about why we're always so young. Our '07 team was very experienced, but since then, not so much. Our attrition must be greater than I realize if we're still young this year, when 3 years removed from our NC, we should have an "older" team.

SabanFan, I think you know that I have always supported our team and our staff. But I am concerned.

1 person likes this.
  6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not the point. During the horrible 90s it was not like this. We enjoyed the games and all that goes with it. Now, it's like going to work at a job you hate.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

there is a difference between analyzing/discussing problems and just straight bitchin'.

that's what he's getting at.
    my brother in law is just like the people he's referring to.

i can sit back and discuss football all day.

but when the only argument someone can come up with is "miles sucks" and has nothing else to offer, I quit listening to him.

2 people like this.
  8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Yep

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You do have a good point here. The decade we just experienced raised the bar of expectations, and LSU gained some fans during that time who just weren't really fans of LSU before we "reached the top of the mountain."

I think that's why there is so much b*%&*ing and moaning. Plus, we have forums like this now and didn't before. That opens up much more public consternation.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I say we close down registrations the day before and day after games. That's just my opinion...just look at the 1-2 post names popping up after last night trolling around.