Ummm.......

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

You know somebody's out on a limb when they condemn Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson as "gay lovers" and "false prophets (to my knowledge, neither has ever claimed to be a prophet). The Westboro Baptist Church is a little "out there" and the Rev. Phelps a little too controversial for my tastes. I agree with his views on morality in principle, but I am concerned that he, like other "hellfire and brimstone" cult leaders, has become so fixated on the wrath of God he neglects the unconditional love of God and the true Christian themes of repentance and forgiveness. Something tells me if Phelps were P.O.T.U.S., repentance and forgiveness would be the last thing on his mind as he and his hastily organized "righteousness police" started meeting out "God's Judgement" with clubs and automatic weapons in every gay community in America. That isn't the way I'd like to go about eliminating homosexuality. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, is what I say.

As for their condemnation of Bush, you should know Mr. Biggles that the extremists on the radical Left and the radical Right hate both parties and whoever is in power. They see Republicans and Democrats as merely two sides of the same coin. To them, "the fix is in" no matter who is in the White House.

These are people who lost faith in our system and America's inherent goodness a long time ago. I feel sorry for them. Things aren't nearly as bad as they make them out to be. When the Last Days are really upon us, we're REALLY going to see some freaky stuff. Hopefully, I'll be long gone before that happens.

3. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Jetstorm....

we agree....

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And Biggles criticizes me because I get my news from FOX?!

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

I was expecting a commie site....

hard to believe there are folks right of the farwell/jones ilk....

6. InVinoVeritas

InVinoVeritas Founding Member

I have to agree on Teletubby Falwell and Vitamin Man.....

but otherwise, those folks are just as kooky.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: I was expecting a commie site....

Just goes to show there are psychos to the right of Ghengis Kahn and to the left of Mao Tse Tsung. Anybody interested in starting a moderate lunatic fringe group