top 5 rated colleges serving the best food.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, May 3, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

this is from an annual princeton study of colleges based on interviewing students.....the students at these schools thought their campus food tasted the best.....since i never heard of 3 of these 5 schools, i never would've guessed this one ( i believe this came from the latest 2004 survey but can't be 100% since i couldn't find an exact date on the site....regardless of what year, still is interesting.....).

Great Food
    Based on students’ rating of campus food

The Best 351 Colleges

1 Bowdoin College

2 Colby College

3 Saint Anselm College

4 Wheaton College (IL)

5 Cornell University

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

here is what the Reveille had to say about LSU's 2003 ranking in this princeton 351 survey (no mention about how LSU did in the food category though):

University improves its academic reputation
    Student opinions on "Review" vary

By Leslie Ziober, Staff Writer
    February 12, 2004

Although LSU ranked highly in the "party" category of The Princeton Review's 2003 "Best 351 Colleges" survey, the University has greatly improved its image since being named the premier party school in 2001.

A national poll based on over 106,000 student responses to e-mail questionnaires, the survey ranks LSU 14th in the "Lots of Beer," 17th in "Lots of Hard Liquor" and 17th in "Party Schools" categories. LSU also ranked in the "Best in the Southeast" category.

According to The Princeton Review, the company asked college students "what their colleges are really like." The survey did not specify by what rules they divided schools into certain categories.

The survey, which is compiled in a book, ranks colleges in more than 60 categories including "academics, political leaning and social life."

Besides the student survey, the book includes admissions criteria, deadlines, phone numbers and contact addresses.

University students have mixed feelings and opinions about how the Princeton Review interpreted the results of the survey.

Matthew Rion, a mass communication sophomore, said the high rankings in those categories portray the University in a negative light.

"It downplays the University's assets," Rion said. "LSU's academics are overshadowed by continuing the stereotype that LSU is solely a party school."

Other students said they did not feel that the survey's results will affect the University's reputation.

"I don't think the survey will affect the school negatively," said Jon Parich, a biological sciences sophomore. "People exaggerate stories about awesome parties when they talk to their friends, so they probably exaggerated on this survey too."

Princeton Review personnel consider the guidebook a positive recognition for colleges that achieve high standards in academics and other areas.

"We regard the schools in this book as 'the cream of the crop' institutions for undergraduate education," said Robert Franek, assistant vice president of Guidebook Publishing for The Princeton Review. "We select schools for the guide based on our knowledge of and visits to them, on data we review about them, and on the opinions of independent college counselors, students and parents we talk to and survey."