Too fat for a buffet?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Nutriaitch, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Ahh that dump of a town just North of me makes the front page of Yahoo

Banned by Buffet

Thoughts, discussion

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Legally they can charge whatever they want. Price discrimination in not a crime. Senior discounts, early bird specials etc. Wal Mart could charge every customer a different price for milk if they wanted. I guess buffet's will start charging by the pound pretty soon.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Tough one. It IS a buffet and the price and rules are pretty clear. I've never seen a buffet sign saying all you can eat unless you're fat. And it shouldn't matter whether they eat the seafood or just had soup.

OTOH, since they eat there 3x a week, they're taking advantage and they know it. Just because you can doesn't mean you should sort of thing IMO. Perhaps if the longshoreman would lose some weight, he could get off that disability a bit sooner.

4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

In orlando those type buffets charge one price for the regular buffet and another for the super buffet which includes your drink and the seafood table.

There are also a lot of buffets here that charge per the pound (of the food not the person):hihi:

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Maybe LVT can chime in here but the buffets in Vegas are well known for their abundance of food. Of course most charge around $50 or so and I couldn't eat $50 worth of food regardless. Drink (non alcoholic) should be included in any price IMO.

6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Yeah I think around here its like $10 for the regular buffet and $15 for the super one. If I go I always get the regular because I have long decided that the seafood sux in Florida and that I only eat veggies at buffets and usually only get a plate or MAYBE two down depending on the plate size!:D

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I have no problems with discriminating against fat people. People can't control skin color, physical/mental disabilities, etc. ... but fat people can control what they put in its mouth.

The owner should allow them to eat all the salad they want for free.:hihi:

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I think it's pretty darn funny myself. We used to clown a good friend of mine who is MASSIVE that Shoney's wouldn't let him in the door. Now that a buffet actually told someone "You too fat. You eat too much", I can't wait to phuck with that guy again!:hihi:

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's no different than airlines charging obese people double if they take up 2 seats or if sitting next to them is uncomfortable.

10. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

I have no problems with big fat people with huge azzes and little bitty heads. And as far as the buffet I say "Soooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee"!!! everybody to the trough!:thumb:

1 person likes this.