To the anti Bush, War, Rightists, etc:

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Apr 9, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We are seeing the jubilation of now free Iraqis. We are seeing children being freed from prisons. We are seeing Iraqis in the US hastily packing their bags to return to their home. We are seeing torture chambers and demonstrations of brutalities inflicted upon innocents. Now, come on all of you nay sayers. Did we as Americans not do the right thing?

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

less than 1000 0f 5,000,000 celebrating..

a US vehicle & marines pulling own a statue....?

If a madman with weapons of mass destruction doesn't use them as his empire falls....?

Do you really think it's the place or time to declare this "war" justified...?

c'mon SB......

If I'm wrong I'll admit it but I think you're suffering from premature jubilation.....

3. SabanFan

And you may be suffering from pre-coital depression.

I'm just referring to the human side of it for now. Later, I'll jump on the soapbox and declare that we (the right) were right (correct) all along

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Where's Tom?

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

I await the

"Breaux Bridge" Address.......

6. SabanFan

You know, and I'm serious here, I was thinking the other day, If one of us died would anybody know? I don't think you'll see "SabanFan" or "Biggles" in the Obit. Anyway, maybe that's what happened to Tom. Hope not.

7. SabanFan

Let's not go overboard now. I don't wish for his untimely demise but he WAS one of my "ignores".

8. JD

JD Founding Member

We probably did the right thing - I was never against the war But the reasons you cite are not the right reasons. If they are, hello Saudi Arabia.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Check up on Mr. Wonderful too. Haven't seen him around in a while either.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: less than 1000 0f 5,000,000 celebrating..

Pulling down the statue of Saddam is symbolically important to the Iraqi people, just as the destruction of the Berlin Wall was to East Germans and the destruction of statues of Lenin was to Russians. The was was declared justified before it ever started by those of us who support it and will always be declared unjustified by those who oppose it but while the world is still a dangerous place it is a little bit safer for all of us now. It is premature to declare the war to be won at this point. There is still a lot of fighting to be done in cities like Tirkrit and in the North of Iraq. It is definately NOT premature to feel jubilation about the liberation of Baghdad.

Maybe the madman didn't use his WMDs for fear of the MOAB (Mother of all Bombs) in the picture below. It would scare the hell out of me