~Tigers Taken in the 1st round NFL Draft~

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lprimo, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Who you think, besides Glenn Dorsey, will/should declare for the upcoming draft?
    Check out this chat with Mel Kiper Live on ESPN right now.
    Man i hope Glenn Stays...to teach the young guys...

James (Tallahassee,FL): What school will have the most 1st round draft picks

[​IMG] Mel Kiper: (1:35 PM ET ) Michigan could have three or four. LSU could have three or four. In the end I would say LSU or Michigan.

[​IMG] Mel Kiper: (1:35 PM ET ) Depending on which juniors come out.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Casey (Columbus): Is OSU still one of the premier NFL-factory programs in the nation? What are your top 5 programs for turning out pros right now?

[​IMG] Mel Kiper: (1:41 PM ET ) Well, Ohio State is right up there at the top, from what they've been able to do. Look at NC State, they had to replace a lot of good talent. Michigan always has good players. Certainly, LSU is probably the most talented team in the country. USC, definitely. The top teams. They're there because they have the top talent. Miami was there for a long time, because they had the most talent.

3. bhelmLSU

Jim (G.B. WI): Sending this question in early so maybe it will get answered. If you were in charge of the Packers draft for next year how would you approach it. What areas (and with what players) would you address first. Thanks.

[​IMG] Mel Kiper: (1:20 PM ET ) I think first of all, they have to decide is Aaron Rodgers the heir apparent to Brett Favre. That's the first question they have to answer. After that, you look at the defensive line. They need some beef up front at DT. They need to make a decision on Rodgers. Last year, they could have had Cutler or Leinart, so last year, they stuck with Rodgers. But are they sold on him? A couple of guys that would look awful good in a Packers uniform would be Glen Dorsey from LSU, Allen Branch from Michigan and Quin Pitcock.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, USC will loose receivers Jarrett, Smith, & possibly: DT Cedrick Ellis, DE Lawrence Jackson, & LB Keith Rivers to name a couple but not first rounders. I would imagine Jarrett will be a first round pick.

5. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I really hope Dorsey stays. We are loaded at DL, but still, he is the clearly the best we have at DT. Im expecting a monster year from Favorite and Jackson next year. I think Jackson will be better than Spears and Hill.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Right now, we have 3 first round draft picks on our team - Laron, Dorsey & JaMarcus - and D. Bowe might be able to jump up there but I doubt it with this year's crop of WRs.

I think we're looking at 2 players going in the first round this year - JaMarcus & Laron, with it not even being certain whether JaMarcus will leave early or not. I'm not sure what teams, but some others have to have more than 2 first rounders.

7. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Landry will probably be a top 10 pick, no less than top 15. He is as good as safety to come out along with Williams and Reed in quite a long time. Landry isnt quite the big play guy that Reed is, but he is the most consistent tackler of the three.

Im really hoping Dorsey and Russell come back in hopes of title run.

8. bhelmLSU

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

IMO, Oakland is going to pick up JR if he comes out. They need a QB and they are picking early

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I guess I'll have to get a new avatar!! :thumb: