Tigers lose a close one

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

LSU played their hearts out this week, you could tell they had nothing left when balls kept comin short, what really matters is that they FOUGHT HARD, NEVER GAVE UP, and LEFT THEIR HEARTS ON THE FLOOR, Coach Brady coached them very well throughout the tourney and good luck to them in the NIT,
    MADISON SQUARE GARDEN HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

2. CreoleGumbo

CreoleGumbo Founding Member

YEAhURight

I give it up to the Tigers for playing there hearts out, but JohnBrady has lost all respect from this TigerFan. I have always thought of Brady as being an A-Hole but his comment after the UGA win pretty much locked it up that he is a MAjOR "A" Hole!

Hey Brady, Fans come to see a team that is coached by a person who they can pull for..............we pull for the players on this team, but the coach is a different story. GeauxNIT WooooHOOOOO!

NIT isn't anything to be proud about people. If the football team would've gone to the IndyBowl we would not be happy.

BRADY MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

give him abreak

give this guy a break ,he inherited a very bad ball club to begin with, then he gets tagged with NCAA probation from Dale Brown. then right after a good season, Stro goes pro, then the next year his top recruit leaves for the pros,he may have made some mistakes which i totally agree with, but he took a terrible basketball team(talent wise)and made them into an 18-14 club, that takes coaching, teaching your players the will to win, even Hawthorne and Ford say this isnt a very good basketball team talent wise, he teaches good defense and i think they are one player away from the NCAA'S and 2 from a SEC/FINAL FOUR RUN, look at his recruits for this year, Jamie Loreda 6"9 top JUCO PF prospect maybe best JUCO player, Tony Gipson off-guard could be playing the best JUCO guard right now, Tim Bush PF even with the probation hanging over his head played very well,Darrel Mitchell PG (hopefully he will commit) best PG prospect in Louisiana,avg 32 a game, plus 2 players werent eligible cuz of grades Shawnson Johnson 6"10 big boy at C , Courtney Trask PG transfer from memphis, former CUSA freshmen of year,i think right now there are only 3 locks at positon wise for next year,
    C Shawnson Johnson-will make a HUGE difference in the paint
    PF Jamie Loreda-could be the catalyst just like stro was,
    SF Collis Temple III(if healthy)leader,clutch shooter,rebounder nuff said
    SG-Antonio Hudson-with year under belt could become star of LSU's offense
    PG-Torris Bright,Courtney Trask, Darrel MItchell-it will be a battle in October to see who will get the starting PG spot
    6th man-Ronald Dupree is way overrated and would be one of the best 6th man LSU has ever had, LSU will have a deep bench next year with a lot of mixed players, Torris could come in and drain a 3, Ronald could come in and reboundand score, TOny Gipson could shoot a little, Brad B and Thomas D could bring another big body on the floor, and Tim Bush could bring a big body on the floor,
    THEY COULD HAVE USED MARCUS SPEARS this year. especially in the MSU game in the semis they couldnt box out, but they left their hearts on the floor, thanks for a great season tigers i ll be there when yall host the first NIT at the DEAF DOME

4. Rouster

Rouster Freshman

I would have to agree with giving Brady a break. What he did with this team is close to remarkable. I know he shoots off at the mouth sometimes, but he must be a good coach to get these guys to play that well.
    As for next year, no way does Dupree sit the bench. I agree that he struggled late in the season and pretty much killed us against MSU, but not only is he a good scorer, but was our best rebounder this year. I think he will do better with some backups that will give him a break. He just looked to me like he was trying way too hard late in the season. He will be back next year and will do a great job.
    T.Bright impressed me with his attitude this year. Yeah, he still makes some dumb passes, but considering that he isn't a PG, he still played well. I thought late in the MSU game, he looked physically and mentally worn out. I wish brady would have let Thompson play more, but the pressure seemed to get to Charlie today.
    I must say how well Hudson played. He was outstanding and if he improves next year, he will be great.
    This is how I see next years roster.
    PG- T.Bright; (Trask,Mitchell,Thompson) in that order
    SG- Hudson,Temple (Bright,Gipson) will depend on Temples health
    F- Dupree;(Temple, Bush)
    PF- Llorada; (Bridgewater,T.Davis)
    C- Johnson; (Llorada, Bridgewater)
    ? will be if Whipple and Young stay around. I think one or both will leave. I believe both could be good players, but are just young and need to understand what it takes to play SEC ball.
    I expect this team to contend for the SEC next year and we will be back in March Madness where we belong.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm really proud of this team.

Good luck in the NIT. You guys are playing very good basketball. Keep it up.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I give him respect for doing so well with very little material to work with. He never made excuses like having an incomplete team. He just went to work with what he had and made a plad for what he had.

7. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Very good point. Brady didn't complain about his situation, he just coached, and coached well. He is a working man's coach, and may have done or said somethings not to be proud of, but he did a tremendous job with this team.

I said at the begining of the season, I would be happy with .500, and heck we are going to the NIT. We make an early exit as Iowa is a tough team, but they way Hudson, Dupree, Bright, and others have been playing you never know.