Tigers in the CFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

I watching the Saskatchewan Roughriders play Hamilton on tv Saturday Night and I saw that Jeremy Lawrence plays DE for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
    www.ticats.ca

Does anyone else know of any other LSU Tigers playing in the CFL?

The CFL is a neat game. They had that team in Shreveport for awhile, but I guess it didn't take.

2. Globalx39

Globalx39 Founding Member

yep CFL didn't like being in the States anymore after Baltimore took their precious Grey Cup. After that happened, CFL shut down ALL U.S. franchises except for Baltimore which they moved to Ontario.

3. Ralph_Wiggum

I think the Baltimore team became the Ottawa Renegades replacing the old Ottawa Rough Riders.

4. northernLSUfan

northernLSUfan Founding Member

actually, the baltimore franchise moved to montreal and became the alouettes, and the ottawa renegades are just an expansion team. The only reason i know this is because i am originally from winnipeg and go back several times a year to watch games.

5. Ralph_Wiggum

Hmmm, I didnt' know that. I thought Montreal was the expansion team and Ottawa the Baltimore team. That stupid Nelson Skalbania ruined the original Alouettes. He was also partnered with Gretzky and John Candy when they signed the Rocket.

Cool, are you getting CFL games on tv? There is a local station here showing the direct CBC feed of the saturday night games.

It's actually pretty funny in a way. It's sort of like watching the Fox guys. They have their own CBC pregame and halftime studio guys.

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Just curious, how did you become a LSU fan being from Canada?

7. northernLSUfan

northernLSUfan Founding Member

unfortunately i can't find any cfl games here in sioux falls, what station is showing them?

i am a big winnipeg blue bomber fan, the only problem is they haven't been very good the past few years and just last week they gave stupid former vol Tee Martin his first cfl start, but he didn't do any better than any of the other qb's they used. i think he is getting the start again tonight.

the reason that i am an lsu fan is that, as weird as it sounds, i just kind of stubled upon it. I came to SD from winnipeg to play football at univ of sioux falls, a small but good naia school, but after a year and 1 ruined knee, i just got bored and wanted to go school somewhere in the south. a friend of mine was a huge lsu baseball fan (omaha is only 2 1/2 hrs away) and he would wear his lsu hat all the time so i just randomly applied to xfer there. when i got there it was like heaven on earth for a sports fan like me. Even though the year i got there was the 1999 season and the tigers were horrible, it only took only saturday night at tiger stadium and i was hooked.

after lsu i moved back to sioux falls where i now live. its a nice place but way to far from louisiana. the only nice thing is that every year i can easily go to the cws in omaha

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Hey northern, great posts and welcome to the Board (as a poster, anyway!) Don't be a stranger, we don't have anybody else hailing from the great north midwest here!

9. Ralph_Wiggum

They are on Channel 45 out of Minneapolis/Saint Paul. Sioux Falls is a neat town been there a couple of times.

I really like South Dakota, especially the Western Part of the State with the Badlands and Black Hills.

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Don't ask me why but I have a game-worn Hamilton Tiger Cats jersey. I guess I just liked the way it looks.