This week Sports Illustrated

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 10, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Does anyone get Sports Illustrated.
    THere was an Article in there this week about Jordan Jefferson. Spoke about him being a key this year and improvement etc etc.
    It also spoke about Les and Jefferson wanting to put last year behind them. Pretty good article actually full page on LSU.

At the very end of the article it said (Paraphrasing here) that after the UNC game Jefferson and Miles were walking off the field.
    It said that Tempers are running thin in Baton Rouge and (again paraphrasing)

That as Miles and Jefferson walked into the tunnel an "LSU" fan yelled at miles
    "You are Done Miles, You should just quit now" yelled at him and Jefferson as they were walking off.

So I got to thinking, really ? How do you think some kid who committed to LSU is walking off after a hard fought win (A Win we seem to forget) see's a fan of our school and our state yelling that at their coach and wearing our uniform.

I dont know. I am not preaching but my biggest fear is in the Miss State game if LSU is struggling a bit the boo birds will be out in full force. I can imagine the impact that would have on a recruit considering Alabama, USC or LSU for example.

I guess its a free country (again I say that) and you paid your money. But maybe JUST maybe we should leave that stuff to the message boards.

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That happens everywhere, but it is very uncalled for, and i am not excusing it. The worst part about it, is that it made SI. I have the same fears regarding MSU that you do.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

That sux! Like I said in another post, the best thing about LSU football is the fans. The worse thing about LSU football is the fans. :dis:

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every school has issues with boo birds these days. It's just harder to take when you're actually winning.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It really is uncalled for. Fans are going to show their frustration, and if we were mid season and were 1-5, after playing OOC games and the weaker of our SEC opponents, that "criticism" could maybe be understood. Now, with a winning program, it is Distasteful AND unwarranted. The bright side is I don't see Miles or JJ listening to a so-called fan with that spewing from his mouth and decide not to try anymore.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

My kids are reaching the age where I can't hide them from all of the negative things that they will encounter on a day to day basis. Seeing people smoke, etc.

I teach that the world is a large place and that there are many people with differences of opinion, values, etc. They are taught that there are many people that do things that we, in our family, just do not do. They can't control the world around them and they can only control themselves.

I've been in that position many times where someone wearing the purple and gold represents the LSU community in a way that I don't agree with. Sometimes I open my mouth and sometimes I just shake my head and try to remember what I teach my kids.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Heck I said for years Crowton needs to go, but I would never yell at him.

I have no idea why people think they can just go yelling at people or throwing stuff or anything like that. Yes, most of the coaches need to go but that is really just not called for especially in light that it's the 1st game of the year.

On another note, you hold out for the big bucks, well you better produce and keep producing. These coaches making $3-5 million a year better expect the nut-jobs to come out when their teams look like crap, that is just the way it is.

8. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

The real shame of it is that some people think the game should be perfect. I've seen folks throw a fit over a fumble when thier team was 3 touchdowns up and the losing team hasn't gotten 50 yards yet. Truth be told, you have this sad example of a "fan" in every school. I think even most of the Miles bashers here wouldn't even stoop to that level (at least I would hope).

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Let's not dwell on the unfortunate comments by a very emotional fan. The question is, did you catch the cover of this week's SI? :hihi:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

T Rich fighting off a tackle from that top rated San Jose State defense? :hihi: