The real reason that Mark Emmert left LSU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 19, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Three simple words...and any of you who aren't educated on the subject, I'll be happy to inform you...

Those three words, you ask?

Kathleen Babineaux Blanco...

Let the discussion proceed...

2. bengalfan

bengalfan Freshman

That pretty much says it all.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Agree. Damm Blanco :cuss:

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

While I don't think she was reason #1, she certainly didn't help the situation. LSU's batting .000 so far during her young administration.

I wonder when Louisiana will get a governor that actually gives off an aura of competence. Edwards was a disgrace. Foster always avoided answering questions of any kind (b/c he didn't know the answers) and Blanco seems like a total hack. But that's a discussion for another board.

I just hope the university doesn't take from this situation that they need someone who's likely to stick around a long time. Go after another administrator from a big research university, like a Big Ten school or something. LSU needs a guy/gal who's experienced at pulling in dollars and fighting the good fight.

It definately won't be easy reeling anyone in, though.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

She will do more harm to LSU than any coach could ever do...

6. TigerEducated

If you say anything about Foster, you must say that he ALWAYS protected funding for higher education...For 8 years, LSU and higher education in this state were either protected and/or increased in terms of fudning...and this is verifiable fact...

Now...We have a governor who cut the funding just a few short months into office...She froze escalating expenditures at the University...

We have a governor who cut higher education funding in the next budget by 30 million, with 1/3 coming out of LSU's slice of the pie...

We have a governor who doesn't concede business taxes aren't what drove State Farm out, or archaic insurance laws and an inability to do business in this state...She just laments how they turned down 30 million in "tax breaks"...

We have a governor who offered Emmert more money on the way out of the door, but then will cry when he turned it down...

Hell, when you cut the man's budget and disallow him from doing the job he was hired to do, then offer him more money to make him-in effect-say, "Well, I just got to bite down on the juicy end of this **** sandwich, but I'm paid to say it tastes good!" what do you think will happen?

Screw Blanco...Another black eye for her...And she doesn't have any eyes left...

7. BB

BB Founding Member

4 more years and then 4 more of Mitch Landr. - would you bring your business or services here? I would not...

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

We might as well keep Brady, who would want to come and coach here with this happening?

9. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

Its time to start the petition to recall Blanco..she will be the death of LSU as we know it!

10. TigerEducated

BayouBomber...My father actually said the SAME exact thing earlier tonight when he informed me of the brutal truth of Emmert leaving...

I am starting to percolate on the idea...