The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Am I the only one that thinks that this offense is better off without him in the lineup? Sure everyone's gonna make mistakes now and then, but sh*t this franchise is spending WAY too much money on this guy.

Reggie Bush, you're garbage. Go back to California. Maybe you could play for Oakland.

The Saints don't need to re-sign this guy if this is what we'll get. And they should shop him around to see what they could get for him before he becomes a free agent and you get jacksh*t.Saintslogo

2. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

As much as I want him to be great, he has only shown flashes of his ability. He will be gone after the end of the year, breakout season or not. After this year he only has one more year on his contract and the Saints are not going to pay him what he will want. Saints will get a nice trade out of the deal. Bush may go on to be consistently great somewhere else. I hope his potential is realized at that place.

He does not add any value to the Saints' offense. The Saints are in the same position as Denver with the Portis/Bailey trade a few years ago. At that point, Denver could make anyone a 1,000+ yard rusher. As long as Brees is back there, spend the money on the O-Line or defense.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

On 5 pass receptions yesterday, RB averaged 11 yards a play. On each one, Trent Green observed that the play was "like a handoff" to Bush. This is what they have to do with him. Just give up putting him in the I. Declare him a wide receiver, line him up in the slot and throw him a dozen bubble screens or screens in the middle a game. I'll gladly take 11 yards a play.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I thought this was his contract year?

Dude sucks........I dont remember who it was but whoever compared him to Gale Sayers needs to have their ass kick by Gale Sayers!

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Okay. He had 5 catches for 55 yards.

One of the catches went for 26 yards.

That leaves him with 4 catches for 29 yards and an average of 7.25 per catch.

If all this guy is gonna get is 5 catches for 55 yards, he needs his paycheck cut. He's not worth the money. Move him to the slot or something, because he cannot run unless it is a token long run every blue moon. Besides, do you honestly think he'll be healthy all season?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They just need to use him correctly and please give up the phucking up the gut run play. It will never work with him.

How about a fake handoff to the fullback and then quick pitch wide to Bush?

The same play Detroit scored on us.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Izzy made my point. He actually got about 15 touches in the game, but only 5 were by receptions. If you move him to the slot, you get him more touches in space instead of handing him the ball between the tackles where he's rarely effective. He should also be returning kicks as well as punts.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

all he does in space is make a couple of jukes and head for the sidelines. dude is a vag.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

If all he did was practice returning kickoffs and punts the guy could be dangerous!

He needs to swallow his damn pride and just admit to us and himself that he is nothing more then a glorified special teams player...and then he should try and be the best damn special teams player he can be!